good mechanic in Keene area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Hampshire Jeep Forum > good mechanic in Keene area

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
penguinsscareme
1990 YJ Wrangler 

good mechanic in Keene area

Hi, I'm new to the forum...actually this is my first post. To make a long story short, I just kind of "inherited" a 90 YJ 4.2, first Jeep I have owned in over ten years. Basically I love it, but it has a few issues from the previous owner that need to be sorted out, and right now I'm up to my ears in home renovations so I would really prefer to find a helping hand. The time really is worth more to me than the money at this point.

The engine has a Weber 32/36 DGEV 200 on it with the little Weber air cleaner element, stock air cleaner is gone. It requires a couple pumps of the throttle to start cold, but once going it does idle well enough. Under full throttle, it sputters, which I have read is a commonly encountered problem. The charcoal canister is gone, and there is definitely a noticeable smell in the passenger compartment. I'm sure it must be nuttered, since there are disconnected sensor wires and vacuum hoses lying about everywhere. Also, I don't think the intake manifold gasket is installed properly.

Anyway, I would like to get all the vacuum issues sorted out, and the wide open throttle sputter addressed . I'm sure I would get a lot of enjoyment out of doing it myself, but I really need to put that time into other things right now. The mechanics in my town aren't very interested in taking this on. If anyone can point me toward a shop in the Monadnock area, or just knows someone who can work on 4.2's, I would be grateful.

penguinsscareme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Try Elias 4WD center just over the border in Townsend,ma
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
Try Elias 4WD center just over the border in Townsend,ma
That's a ways from Keene. May want to try these guys up in Surry? I have no experience with them but I've driven by plenty of times and there are always lifted jeeps in the yard.
http://www.gunseths4x4.com/

There are plenty of hole-in-the-wall shops down through Winchester/Hinsdale too but none that I know of that specialize in jeeps.
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
penguinsscareme
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you, I'm going to try them.
penguinsscareme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.