Cat hole road - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Hampshire Jeep Forum > Cat hole road

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Cat hole road

Has anyone ever been on Cat hole Road?

BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Yes... I ran the bottom half ("The Rock Garden") 2 years ago, and the whole road in its entirety last November. Have you run it or are you looking for more info on it or a recent trip report?
Unread 06-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

looking for info or a recent trip report. I have heard that there are deep water holes.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
HighRoller02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
looking for info or a recent trip report. I have heard that there are deep water holes.
deep water holes is true, at least when I was there 2 years ago
HighRoller02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
Not sure how deep they are right now, but yes there are a series of 4 DEEP water holes. By deep I mean about 3ft. A couple have bypasses within the right of way of the road, but I believe 2 of them you have no choice but to go through.

You can avoid that part though and just run the Rock Garden. At the top of the rock garden there's a short road to the left, take that to the T and take another left and it'll bring you right back down to the pillars at the start.
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
wakeboarderNH
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMatt View Post
Not sure how deep they are right now, but yes there are a series of 4 DEEP water holes. By deep I mean about 3ft. A couple have bypasses within the right of way of the road, but I believe 2 of them you have no choice but to go through.
Hard bottom though? Or soft bottom? And how tough is the rock garden?
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
ZJMatt
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboarderNH View Post
Hard bottom though? Or soft bottom? And how tough is the rock garden?
I wouldn't say either hard or soft... kind of in between. Some are rock all the way across. Some are muddy but not quicksand. Some have ledges at the entrance/exit you have to climb/descend into.

I did the rock garden on 31s with a 3" lift that was sagged down to 1". But you know when I had my white jeep I'd put that thing anywhere. Later on we went to Devil's Pass which is an even harder ledge climb only 10 minutes away. Did that one in my jeep twice.

Some pics from the Rock Garden

Pics from Cat Hole. For reference, the big Chevy truck has a D60 front /14b FF rear, + 5" lift and 35s.

Devil's Pass:
The "easy" climb on the left was all ice so there was no choice but to go up the steep ledge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.