Old Florida Road - Page 15 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 220 Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM
vwmaniacx
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
you might wanna try this rd too.
I gave it a shot, big changes since the big storm. Was a wicked time with some snow and ice.

you can go a long way with a smile . You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun . -Al Capone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 220 Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM
DoinSumthin
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How did that white XJ do on that run?

96 Cherokee XJ Stock for the minute.

SOLD: 2005 Wranlger Sport. Dana 44 rear, 30 front. RE 3.5" Std Lift, 1.25" JKS BL & 1" MML, Rugged Ridge spacers, .75 front coil spacers, 35x12.5 15 BFG M/T tires, Superwinch EPi9, JKS Discos
post #213 of 220 Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM
CJsPerson
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflyy View Post
WHEW! I got a little damage to my TNT fenders in that spot. Looks close!
Rock got the mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoinSumthin View Post
How did that white XJ do on that run?
That XJ is awesome everywhere it goes. really fun to watch.

Never trust a happy man

I off road because I have a Jeep. I don't have a Jeep because I off road. Above all my Jeep is a convertible. That's where my love is for the brand ...convertible overkill
post #214 of 220 Old 10-28-2013, 10:55 PM
djflyy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

North Shore Jeeps ran OFR last weekend. Just to keep this updated, here are a few shots of the trail. Lake seemed to be pretty low leveled, probably due to the lack of rain. Great foliage, rock was decently dry. Lots of rocks built up at obstacle 1 as an aid to whoever was there before us. We tried to clear them off to the side just to let it be a challenge without much cheating.

post #215 of 220 Old 10-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nice. Thanks for the update. Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers is planning on going up there this next weekend.

1998 White TJ with a whole lotta stuff...

Just another member of:
(a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member:
(Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
post #216 of 220 Old 10-29-2013, 05:12 PM
djflyy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-WhiteTJ View Post
Nice. Thanks for the update. Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers is planning on going up there this next weekend.
No problem. I wanted to get this up here since nobody had posted since January. Honestly the trail is in great shape and the scenery is gorgeous. It was a bit chilly, around 35-45 degrees and windy. You guys should have a great time. Be sure to post pics when you're back!

post #217 of 220 Old 11-03-2013, 07:48 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers had a good run on OFR (and Tunnel Road) yesterday. Was pretty wet and muddy which made the rocks slick and made the water at the end deep. For the first big obstacle the right hand line was doable although required getting cozy with the rock wall and the left hand line required a fair amount of rock stacking. On the second big obstacle the right hand line worked well for everyone. Straight up the middle there wasn't working well with the water and mud. Had a few mechanical issues (hub, ujoint, debeaded tire) but overall great day!

Romney in 2020!
post #218 of 220 Old 11-03-2013, 11:00 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers had a good run on OFR (and Tunnel Road) yesterday. Was pretty wet and muddy which made the rocks slick and made the water at the end deep. For the first big obstacle the right hand line was doable although required getting cozy with the rock wall and the left hand line required a fair amount of rock stacking. On the second big obstacle the right hand line worked well for everyone. Straight up the middle there wasn't working well with the water and mud. Had a few mechanical issues (hub, ujoint, debeaded tire) but overall great day!
Bumper cam view of first obstacle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LajyJ...ature=youtu.be

Romney in 2020!
post #219 of 220 Old 11-03-2013, 05:19 PM
AngryTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice!

Follow me on Instagram @ Tarantula_TJ

post #220 of 220 Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 PM
djflyy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post

Sounds like a good time! It had poured (torrential rain, for hours the night before) last time we ran this in 2012, making the obstacles extremely hard. Dry weather made it a lot more feasible this year. That GoPro video would be cool in 3D, as the rocks come towards the lens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.