Northeastern VT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Vermont Jeep Forum > Northeastern VT

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
Showjyr
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Northeastern VT

Anyone on here located in the northeastern part of the state?

Showjyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
Walters416
1979 CJ5 

I'm from Orleans.
Walters416 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Showjyr
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, not far at all. I'm in the Burke area.
Unread 02-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Morrisville
Unread 02-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #5
Showjyr
2006 TJ Wrangler 

There's some decent trails over in Morrisville, made it over there last year to ride.
Unread 02-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #6
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yea- but some great spots to trail ride are now gated and posted. A couple class 4 roads are posted too. But some good trails are still around. I'll be running a few this summer for sure!
Unread 02-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #7
Showjyr
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How the hell do you post a class 4 road? It's a public road so it's open to any road legal vehicle
Unread 02-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #8
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Live in Burlington but work all week in Wells River. I know a bunch of trails around Northfield and Barre
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #9
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showjyr
How the hell do you post a class 4 road? It's a public road so it's open to any road legal vehicle
Sometimes they get "thrown up" (declassified or delisted) but most often I think people gate them or post them cuz no one puts up a fuss... A law makes no difference without enforcement....

There are many unmaintained historical roads that get grown up until impassable and then some (non-native) buys the tract, clears the road, gates and posts it. And yes I am thinking of a specific "log road" on the way to the reservoir in Hyde Park that I've been on that now has a bridge, culverts, a gate, nice gravel (sic), and yes, no trespassing signs.

Was a class four, once, that ran through a piece of acreage. But now adjacent acreage is landlocked and inaccessible and I am told it is all legal 'cause it was eminent domain. Town didn't maintain it is the reasoning. I am no lawyer but that is hokey Baloney. I think they used to call roads like that class 6 in NH.
Unread 02-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #10
Showjyr
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If it's listed in town records as a road, regardless or what classification, it can't be gated or blocked in any manner...ask me how I know. The road not being maintained doesn't revert it back to ownership of whomever owns the surrounding land unless it's changed in town records.

We own a 28 acre parcel that used to have an old town road through it. The road still exists in town records but it would take a surveyor to even find it...not to mention the 12"-16"+ trees scattered everywhere. They moved the road 40+ yrs ago and the only people who maintain that are hunters and the occasional guy with a saw.
Unread 02-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #11
Showjyr
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm working on getting part or as much as I can of about 7000 acres opened up to a group of us this year...it runs from Wheelock to the Canadian border.
Unread 02-06-2015, 08:56 AM   #12
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showjyr
I'm working on getting part or as much as I can of about 7000 acres opened up to a group of us this year...it runs from Wheelock to the Canadian border.
That sounds interesting!! I will have to pay some attention to monitoring the VT threads.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.