4x4 Shop or Mechanic in Mendon / Rutland - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Vermont Jeep Forum > 4x4 Shop or Mechanic in Mendon / Rutland

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
VTjeepin23

4x4 Shop or Mechanic in Mendon / Rutland

I am new to JeepForum. I read a ton of information on here before purchasing my 96 Lifted 2 Door XJ. It runs great and is a beast in the woods. However on the road I have this weird kind of play.

It is hard to explain. The steering is pretty good. But there is a strange "wander." This is not my first lifted Jeep. I do know what wander is.

It seems that sometimes the wheels move with the changes in the road surface and those movements don't make it to the steering wheel. So I could be driving and the small changes in the road move the wheels but not the steering wheel....until a point and all of the sudden steering wheel "catches" and i am now a foot closer to the solder. It is manageable, but not a very enjoyable ride.

I have replaced the front U Joints and the Drag link TRE at the pitman arm, as I found these to be bad. Everything else looks nice and tight. The lift is a Rustys 4.5" 2 years old.

I am looking for someone local that may be able to help look at it or possibly just give me some advise.

Thanks

VTjeepin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
VTjeepin23

Anybody? I could really use the help
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
VTjeepin23

Well this ***** is pretty weak!!!! You all are super helpful. Thanks for so much!!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.