where to wheel buffalo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > where to wheel buffalo?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 10-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

where to wheel buffalo?

new to buffalo going ot UB trying to wheel. hit me up if you know of ne spots

toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ever hear back? I'm right down Maple on the other side of transit... I'm looking for some places too... Just got my permit and... yeah. Let me know!
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

nope. i am near south campus. cant wait for snow
toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
cj13
2002 WJ 

I'm from medina, just outside of Buffalo and I'm going to Buff State... I'm looking for good spots too. I know of some fields near my house, but you don't want to screw over some farmer.
cj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
therebel
2009 KK Liberty 

hey also looking for a place to wheel around buffalo also im in the west seneca area and dont know many places to go .
therebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
fordtech
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There are no legal or public wheeling spots around here. Stinks. Your only chance is to
1. find someone who owns land and will let you wheel.
2. Wheel illegally and risk trespassing.
3. hook up with WNYOffroad.org, and keep an eye out for a club ride, which could be #1, or more likely something outside the western ny area.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/yjjeepinmike
Just your friendly neighborhood x-ford technician...
fordtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
99whitelightnin

i wheel at Lake ALice or in the winter on a seasonal road in middleport or in newfane... neither road says closed for the winter so i figure its ok...
99whitelightnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
jwswj

I'm out of south buffalo we found a couple places to ride in niagara falls,clearance and lancaster were hitting up clearance tomorrow around one or two its a huge area with many trails anyone interested?
jwswj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #9
fordtech
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwswj View Post
I'm out of south buffalo we found a couple places to ride in niagara falls,clearance and lancaster were hitting up clearance tomorrow around one or two its a huge area with many trails anyone interested?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99whitelightnin View Post
i wheel at Lake ALice or in the winter on a seasonal road in middleport or in newfane... neither road says closed for the winter so i figure its ok...
I would be interested in the location of each of these.... wondering legality.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/yjjeepinmike
Just your friendly neighborhood x-ford technician...
fordtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
smithencrazy
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I live near Niagara Falls and would like to know where these places are too.
smithencrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
Ever hear back? I'm right down Maple on the other side of transit... I'm looking for some places too... Just got my permit and... yeah. Let me know!
No way, I work right out there on Transit!

There's always the option of wheeling next to the collections of power lines running through areas, for example borders between Wheatfield and NT.

I had no idea there were such a collection of people from WNY on here, (new to posting in the forums, normally just looking for solutions to my issues, haha)
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
Wearyman
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativename View Post
No way, I work right out there on Transit!

There's always the option of wheeling next to the collections of power lines running through areas, for example borders between Wheatfield and NT.

I had no idea there were such a collection of people from WNY on here, (new to posting in the forums, normally just looking for solutions to my issues, haha)
Heh, lots of people from WNY here. I live in the Sweet Home area myself. Got an '08 Liberty I've been wanting to take wheelin' for a while. Sadly, there are basically NO public ORV parks or trails ANYWHERE in NYS. While not specifically outlawed, Wheeling is for all intents and purposes illegal outside of private land.

Frankly, I think it's ridiculous. NY State has the single largest national park in the entire continental United States in the Adirondack Park. 6 MILLION acres of wilderness crisscrossed by old trails and fire roads and you can't wheel on ANY of it.

So basically it's either find someone with a BIG plot of land who will let you wheel on it, or risk getting ticketed/arrested by wheeling illegally on fire roads or power line roads. Since I'm 40 and have a family to care for, I'm not about to do something that could land me in the clink. So my wheelin' basically consists of waiting until a good blizzard comes along in winter, and then driving around in it.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
Jpor0504
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Count me in. Just moved from Rochester and looking for people to wheel with and places to go. Got invited to the grove grog mud bog this weekend from a stranger 'round Wyoming while at a festival. It's on Facebook if y'all wanna look it up. It's in Dalton, NY on the 8th of October.
Jpor0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
mycreativename
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman View Post
Heh, lots of people from WNY here. I live in the Sweet Home area myself. Got an '08 Liberty I've been wanting to take wheelin' for a while. Sadly, there are basically NO public ORV parks or trails ANYWHERE in NYS. While not specifically outlawed, Wheeling is for all intents and purposes illegal outside of private land.

Frankly, I think it's ridiculous. NY State has the single largest national park in the entire continental United States in the Adirondack Park. 6 MILLION acres of wilderness crisscrossed by old trails and fire roads and you can't wheel on ANY of it.

So basically it's either find someone with a BIG plot of land who will let you wheel on it, or risk getting ticketed/arrested by wheeling illegally on fire roads or power line roads. Since I'm 40 and have a family to care for, I'm not about to do something that could land me in the clink. So my wheelin' basically consists of waiting until a good blizzard comes along in winter, and then driving around in it.
Sigh, I know :[ I was just throwing out an idea. I grew up when my father was going through his midlife crisis, so he bought an XJ built it up like he used to do with his fullsize Ford pickups and would take me wheeling when I was like 10-14. We used to go around the power lines and Demlers fields, legal no, fun yes. Hell at this point you'd probably be labeled a terrorist if you were found anywhere around there. We got caught once, but the cops were looking for some kids setting fires off or something, they just let us go by, later saw them going down a nice mudhole filled service road at about 35mph in their Interceptors xD.

Least we get a fairly good amount of snow to have fun in, but god do I miss slinging mud up and over the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpor0504 View Post
Count me in. Just moved from Rochester and looking for people to wheel with and places to go. Got invited to the grove grog mud bog this weekend from a stranger 'round Wyoming while at a festival. It's on Facebook if y'all wanna look it up. It's in Dalton, NY on the 8th of October.
Very tempting to message them and see about going, but to me that looks like it's meant for heavily modified rigs, that of which mine is not. I'd hate to get out there and find out there aren't any pits/trails that my Jeep could handle.
mycreativename is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #15
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I know a few places in Steuben County if anyone is interested. Let me know.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.