Wheeling in Buffalo (Williamsville) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Wheeling in Buffalo (Williamsville)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 09-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
ubengineer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeling in Buffalo (Williamsville)

does any one know where to go wheeling/off roading in buffalo. i live in Williamsville.

ubengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not legally. I know a few spots though... not that I would ever do anything to violate the little yellow signs...
Unread 09-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #3
ubengineer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

cool so where are they. do you have lat and long i can look up on goolge map. or do you wana meet up sometime
ubengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We'll meet up. I don't know the lat. and long.
Unread 11-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
baldguy91674
1996 ZJ 

I have lived here in Blo 36 years and don't know of anyplace to go legally. I have read on here that some guys down in Jamestown and Olean have places to go.
baldguy91674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
jags0401
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lived in BLo for 4 years while at UB. Most of the decent wheeling places are private property. Look around the "Southtowns" and Clarence. Maybe get a hold of the guys at The Most Active 4x4 Club In Western New York! : Fingerlakes 4x4 - they're from Rochester. If you don't mind driving, there are some decent spots 1-3 hrs from the city.
jags0401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

hey i am also a ub engineer. i am def interested in wheeling. whens the next time you guys are meeting up
toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
ianschrd
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am always up for some wheeling. Let me know when.
Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 48" High Lift Jack, KC Fog Lights,
130W KC Daylighters, Gibson Cat-back Exhaust, Kargo Master Safari Rack, Rock Krawler Bomb Proof TrackBar, Rhino Lining...
ianschrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
Ferenckzy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in for whatever, as long as it's LEGAL. There's nothing really around here, but like others have said, there's some fun places if you don't mind the drive. Try Fingerlakes 4x4 or WNYOffroad Inc. - The Off-Road Club Of Western New York!, there's lots of information and events going on.

'94 WhyJ, Tall, Locked, RCV'd
Ferenckzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Erie Jeep People is a club in Erie PA. I am a member and live 80 miles away. I make it to plenty of events. We have members from NY, PA and OH. Check out the web site. Link in my signature.
Unread 11-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Whoa... It's a small world! Saw this on the homepage and was thinking the exact same thing. I'm looking for some places to wheel as well... I've heard WNYOffroad is a good club, I want to make it to the next M&G, but it is yet to be posted... If I hear anything, I'll post it here.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
jm16
2009 JK Wrangler 

Just saying hi, I'm so new I haven't gotten my Jeep yet but will get an 09 jk x this weekend. My Uncle used to have a Scout 2 so I've been around wheeling but like many said not much legally to do in Erie County.

I'm going to wait to get a lift and larger wheels until after my trip to California, via Moab UT. I know no lift going to Moab, but for the overall trip the stock 32s will be better. I might rent a Rubi Mostly just camping and scenic stuff.

Go Sabres!
jm16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #13
Bigwilly
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I go on WNY Offroad alot asking questions. Guys on there have been really good. Met with some guys and went out to Whispering Pines! Not to far but legal! Stock jeeps will have fun also there. Only place close besides private land.
Bigwilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
jm16
2009 JK Wrangler 

On a day like today, getting near 2 feet overnight. Anywhere is fun
jm16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

I'm from Olean NY and Just started up a local offroad club and looking for guys to join up to wheel and wrench together. email me at enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com Were looking to get this going for this spring 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.