Suggestions for NY Camping - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Suggestions for NY Camping

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
bmgrosso
2008 WK 

Suggestions for NY Camping

I live on Long Island and was wondering if anyone new of some good places to do some camping preferably in the Catskill, Lake George or Adirondack areas. A few ideas about the kind of place we are looking for:

- Somewhere I can take my Jeep with me (obviously, lol)
- Quite/remote/away from other people
- Nice views
- Possibly near a lake

Basically I'm just looking for a place I can light a fire, drink some beers and do a little wheeling. Any suggestions would be appreciated !

Cheers

Unread 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Scherer
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think most of your state owned sites are already booked for the Lake George area. Your best bet would be to find a privately owned campground. If you send me a PM with your email I can send you a list of sites in the Lake George area.
Unread 06-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
32vld
2005 TJ Wrangler 

DEC Ausable Point camp ground and Taconic State Park Copake Falls, NY.
32vld is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.