Suffolk County, NY Best Beach Wheeling? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Suffolk County, NY Best Beach Wheeling?

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 04-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #46
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM_OF_PAIN View Post
Just took a quick spin today after getting my permit. Didn't even bother to air down, wasn't planning on going all the way around to the back. But did anyway, no struggling at all.

Nice JK Rubi three droolers for you!

You trying to make me jealous or something, it was so crappy out today.

Thanks for the pic,

-Danny

HIGHCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 06:45 AM   #47
onlyn8v

I think we went out like 3-4 times last year. I hate those birds!

How much are you looking fo rthe XJ? One of my friends has been looking to find another since his went up in smoke a while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCALIBER View Post
You may have misunderstood me, I know that the permit is $93 this year.
I meant how much did you actually get to go out on the beach last year at Smith's Point? I know the beach was closed for most of the summer due to storms washing away the beach and the Pipping Plovers nesting.
1998 VW Jetta TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI 4 SALE!!
onlyn8v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #48
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCALIBER View Post
Nice JK Rubi three droolers for you!

You trying to make me jealous or something, it was so crappy out today.

Thanks for the pic,

-Danny
Thanks, sold the TJ and picked this up a couple of months ago. It was pouring the whole ride out and the whole ride home, on the beach it was only misty drizzle.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #49
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM_OF_PAIN View Post
Thanks, sold the TJ and picked this up a couple of months ago. It was pouring the whole ride out and the whole ride home, on the beach it was only misty drizzle.
Yesterday I remember a couple breaks in between the monsoons lol.
Today is windy but at least sunny out..what it's Easter?..come on I can't win.
The Misses had a whole bunch of family things lined up for today so time on the forum is limited and time out fishing is non existent this weekend.

A couple of my full size friends did go out and said the beach was over run with **JEEP NAZIS** as they refer to us. I laughed and said remember THIS (Me) Jeep Nazi pulled your big honky truck out of a huge mud pit last year .....remember.....remember that forever.

He didn't like my response and went on to bash Jeep as a whole..it's all good. I think they all suffer from Napoleon Syndrome anyway,

Alright Gentlemen, I will see you guys out there soon.

-Danny
Unread 04-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #50
WAD357
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Smitty's is opennnnnnnnn as of a few days ago looks like im going to have to go buy my permit soon......
WAD357 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2009, 12:25 AM   #51
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAD357 View Post
Smitty's is opennnnnnnnn as of a few days ago looks like im going to have to go buy my permit soon......
That is great, when are you going fishing?

I grew up at Smitty's and would never say it wasn't a great place to go, however, I can't see spending the $110+ to go out there.

Good luck and I hope you catch enough fish to pay that permit off in home cooked seafood dinners Yum

Be safe,

-Danny
Unread 01-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #52
yellowjesus
2001 TJ Wrangler 

This is a dead thread but I'm unsure where else to put this. I want to get a beach pass for this summer but dont know what I need. I live about an hour away from the island so is it even worth taking the trip down there for it? What kinds of passes will I need to buy. I've read about green keys and empire passes...can someone clear all of this up for me? thanks
yellowjesus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #53
Phreak480
2006 LJ Wrangler 

empire pass is a standard state parks permit, it gives no 4x4 access. you would want to get the NYS beach fishing permit. plenty of info on that with a little googling.

The green key is for the suffok county permit. first you have to get a green key, then you can get the beach permit
Phreak480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #54
BrianBSHS
2004 WJ 

I live like 10 minutes from Sore Thumb and Demo. There are always people there. There is a site just for long island wheeling,
http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/forum.php?referrerid=477
BrianBSHS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #55
SKIQUATTRO
2007 JK Wrangler 

dont mean to offend the fishermen, however i dont agree with 4x4 access as "fishing only" I have permits for cape cod (nauset and national seashore) all access, you want to fish, great...you can swim, surf or just hang out...the beaches are for all to enjoy, they need to drop the 'fishing only' and open it up.
SKIQUATTRO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #56
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

I been reading this post and maybe this last experience will shed some light as to why they seperate the beaches.

I went to Oak Beach in mid July it was crowded with plenty of dissrespectful people. People swimming in the fishing area (how the hell u suppose catch something); walking their dogs illegally and not cleaning up after them; leaving garbage around; one moron was flying his kite next my Jeep and it landed on the vehicle next to me roof. (that guy was angry). In the meantime, I was staring him down.

What takes the cake was when I reeled in my line for just a moment to grab a water. My rod still had my bait and hook on it, and little 3 year old girl walking with her father just decides to run to my rod and grab the bait with hook in it. I yelled at her immediately, her father just sat there like a friggen moron and she ran away from it. I really wanted to kick her father's teeth in. He had time to say "No"

On my way out that day, a group of people were blocking the trail and playing some game with garbage barrels right in the middle of the trail. I crept real slow and thier all giving me dirty looks and one guy was sitting on his chair right on the trail yelling or something. So when my rear end got past him, I accidentally gave it too much gas LOL! Oh Well!

To answer question Skiquattro, and not to offend you, with so many people in LI and being that LI is known fishing area; seperating the beach up in like categories, makes it so everyone could be safe and really enjoy thier passtime and hobbies without anyone else getting hurt.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #57
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

I often find that Burma road at smiths point has many little areas to pull off, i like to consider these private beaches, great for a day with just you and the gf if ya catch my drift
plus burma road is a nice little change of wheeling at the beach
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #58
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Thanks Tank! will have to check that out!
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.