Suffolk County, NY Best Beach Wheeling? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Suffolk County, NY Best Beach Wheeling?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #31
WAD357
1989 XJ Cherokee 

hey guys new to the board picking up my Xj tommorow im a local to eastern Li and have wheeled some of the beaches montauk is awesome and has alot of beach access and some good fishin too... Smittys still isnt open I went and checked about 20minutes ago lol its 10minutes from my house..smittys is good however when its open There is one legal trail spot on the island that alot of people dont know about PM me if your interested its 110% legal if you follow the rules and tread lightly

WAD357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #32
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM_OF_PAIN View Post
I usually go to Demo, really looking forward to bringing the new Rubi out there. I'll be looking for you.
Funny you say that, I am going to Demo this weekend if my Rubi is fixed by then.

Be safe,

-Danny
HIGHCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #33
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAD357 View Post
hey guys new to the board picking up my Xj tommorow im a local to eastern Li and have wheeled some of the beaches montauk is awesome and has alot of beach access and some good fishin too... Smittys still isnt open I went and checked about 20minutes ago lol its 10minutes from my house..smittys is good however when its open There is one legal trail spot on the island that alot of people dont know about PM me if your interested its 110% legal if you follow the rules and tread lightly
Yeah, I am not going County this year.

What's the stats on your XJ? I have one for sale right now
Many people around here don't know how powerful these babies are,
I have a black two door that has been my DD since my Rubi is down.
Unread 04-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #34
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCALIBER View Post
Funny you say that, I am going to Demo this weekend if my Rubi is fixed by then.

Be safe,

-Danny

May drop by on Saturday after I buy my permit since it's right there anyway. Weather's supposed to be crap though, don't know if I want to start my fishing season off like that....

-Andy

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #35
WAD357
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah, I am not going County this year.

What's the stats on your XJ? I have one for sale right now
Many people around here don't know how powerful these babies are,
I have a black two door that has been my DD since my Rubi is down.
Well technically it will be mine tommorow deal was supposed to happen today. Its an 89 4door 4.0 5speed 4.5"rc kit 3:55s says it has a dana 40 in it never heard of that but im a ford guy so.... im used to 44s 50s and 60s, 33"claws bushwacker flares flowmaster cb clean no rust or rot Ill have pics tommorow what are the stats on yours?
Unread 04-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #36
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well technically it will be mine tommorow deal was supposed to happen today. Its an 89 4door 4.0 5speed 4.5"rc kit 3:55s says it has a dana 40 in it never heard of that but im a ford guy so.... im used to 44s 50s and 60s, 33"claws bushwacker flares flowmaster cb clean no rust or rot Ill have pics tommorow what are the stats on yours?
Aah, mine is bone stock except for a little wider rubber on factory five star Wrangler rims. I have a full size spare that's all I was worried about.

NP231 Transfer case, AW4 Trans, Chrysler 8.25 and a Dana 30, 3.55 gears, other stock items.

Sorry about the smudge up top, that was an accident.

I have been trying to sell locally and haven't been doing too well.

Last edited by HIGHCALIBER; 04-09-2009 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: sorry for the smudges
Unread 04-09-2009, 06:12 AM   #37
WAD357
1989 XJ Cherokee 

craigslist it man...thats the way to do it...had 6 calls on my f-350 in the first 40mintues i put it up..it was sold 3 days later for more than I thought id get for it =)
Unread 04-09-2009, 06:59 AM   #38
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
craigslist it man...thats the way to do it...had 6 calls on my f-350 in the first 40mintues i put it up..it was sold 3 days later for more than I thought id get for it =)
Your right but I am sick of getting spammed or pranked when I post my number. I sold my Camaro on there for what I was asking for it.

Thank you for the suggestion though.
Unread 04-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #39
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Bought and sold my old TJ on Ebay. Got a great deal on it, then sold it for more than I thought I'd ever get.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
Unread 04-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #40
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Bought and sold my old TJ on Ebay. Got a great deal on it, then sold it for more than I thought I'd ever get.
I think it's all relative, because if the XJ was worth a couple grand more then I would "invest" the $50+ for an ebay auction.
I am only selling it for a little over a grand so I don't want to dump money into auctioning it. You know what I mean

Thank you,

Still hoping to see you around Demo this weekend!!!!! How is the weather going to be?
Unread 04-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #41
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I think it's all relative, because if the XJ was worth a couple grand more then I would "invest" the $50+ for an ebay auction.
I am only selling it for a little over a grand so I don't want to dump money into auctioning it. You know what I mean

Thank you,

Still hoping to see you around Demo this weekend!!!!! How is the weather going to be?

Rain Saturday, nice Sunday but I wont be around. May drop by and wet a line for a few on Saturday depending on how heavy it's coming down. Nothing like airing up/down in a downpour...

Unread 04-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #42
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wink

Quote:
Rain Saturday, nice Sunday but I wont be around. May drop by and wet a line for a few on Saturday depending on how heavy it's coming down. Nothing like airing up/down in a downpour...
I finally finished my Rubi's clutch clean up and after some bronco bucking it is back on track. I put 40 miles on it since this morning just to make sure everything was operating properly.

What is with this rain? I wanted to go to demo this weekend and as you stated it is nasty out. How is it out on the beach in the rain? I never have driven on a wet beach, but as you know I do play in the mud.

Be safe,

-Danny
Unread 04-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #43
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wet beach isn't bad for driving, sucks for fishing depending on how windy it is and what direction it's blowing.

Unread 04-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #44
HIGHCALIBER
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wet beach isn't bad for driving, sucks for fishing depending on how windy it is and what direction it's blowing.
Ah, 10-4

Every time I have went fishing in the rain it has been on a boat or on a dock. I never wanted to know what the sand felt like wet, especially when I didn't have my Jeep in previous seasons.

Thanks for the reply.
Unread 04-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #45
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Just took a quick spin today after getting my permit. Didn't even bother to air down, wasn't planning on going all the way around to the back. But did anyway, no struggling at all.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.