Suffolk County, NY Best Beach Wheeling? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Suffolk County, NY Best Beach Wheeling?

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

Reply
Unread 03-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #16
HIGHCALIBER
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 223
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projekt89 View Post
Well said. I belong to LIBBA and I know how much fun it is to wheel on the beach but it creates problems for guys like me that use the permit for what its intended for which is too fish. Last year some idiots wheeled on the dunes and that caused our access to the beach to be shut down for the rest of the season. If you want to go on the beach please air down and use your head. This will allow us many years of beach enjoyment.
Long live the LIBBA! You guys/gals are great and stand for a great thing.

I will definitely follow all rules and regs of the beach, I respect the environment and will never be a punk in a Rubi destroying what God gave us.
Remember we only have one Earth so we must treat it well.

If you have any pointers don't hesitate to PM me.

Thank you again,

-Danny

HIGHCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
FourbyFour
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCALIBER View Post
Long live the LIBBA! You guys/gals are great and stand for a great thing.

I will definitely follow all rules and regs of the beach, I respect the environment and will never be a punk in a Rubi destroying what God gave us.
Remember we only have one Earth so we must treat it well.

If you have any pointers don't hesitate to PM me.
Thank you again,

-Danny
1) air down
2) stay on the trail
3) throw out more trash than what you bring
FourbyFour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #18
cappykid
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Stony Brook NY
Posts: 10
need help

anybody know where i can buy riv nuts or rivet nuts in order to mount a roof rack. my local loews doesnt carry them but i really need to find where i can buy some. thanks!
cappykid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #19
gojeepgo
Registered User
1981 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 325
Yeah I heard the same. But with all due respect, you are driving down a BEACH and there is an imaginary line to where the State or County or Town "own" it? I am just saying because I drove up and down the North side of Montauk Point and only had to pull off because there was a seal observatory area fenced in.

What I am asking is there a sign or designation to where the beach ends? This could get hairy if I am asked for my Montauk County permit when I am fishing with my State permit. You with me?

Regardless, thank you for your input on everything. Us Jeepers stick together.


Yes there is an imaginary line. Where is it? I dont know. But its there. If you ask at the ranger station at the end of East Lake I'm sure they will tell you. I havent driven that stretch in years. Now I just go down the beach to camp mostly. If I want to go wheeling I head to PA, CT or MA
gojeepgo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #20
XJLI
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,573
I've never had an issue all over MTK with my state permit. As long as your not tearing *** down the beach and have a sticker on your bumper or permit in your window, 90% of patrol guys wont stop you.
__________________
Factory Four Link


XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #21
HIGHCALIBER
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 223
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJLI View Post
I've never had an issue all over MTK with my state permit. As long as your not tearing *** down the beach and have a sticker on your bumper or permit in your window, 90% of patrol guys wont stop you.
Thank you because that was just what I was looking for.
I am not an ***, I respect the environment and don't mind picking up trash on the trail/beach. We only get one Earth.

Thank you,

-Danny
HIGHCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
XJLI
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCALIBER View Post
Thank you because that was just what I was looking for.
I am not an ***, I respect the environment and don't mind picking up trash on the trail/beach. We only get one Earth.

Thank you,

-Danny
__________________
Factory Four Link


XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #23
HIGHCALIBER
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 223
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJLI View Post
Sorry I used that dirty little three letter word in there......
HIGHCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 07:39 AM   #24
onlyn8v
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 407
Did they open Smiths point yet? I cant stand buying the permit early only to wait til june to use it - it makes me mad
__________________
Dave
04 Wrangler Sport 4.0
1990 VW Corrado Turbo
1998 VW Jetta TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI 4 SALE!!
onlyn8v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #25
HIGHCALIBER
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 223
Go State Permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyn8v View Post
Did they open Smiths point yet? I cant stand buying the permit early only to wait til june to use it - it makes me mad
I didnt go county this year only state....I already enjoyed Montauk at it's best...when nobody is around.

I can't wait until APRIL 15th STRIPPERS!!!

Last year how much did you get to go out on Smitty's?
They were closed most of the summer from beach wash out and breeding.

-Danny
HIGHCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #26
onlyn8v
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCALIBER View Post
I didnt go county this year only state....I already enjoyed Montauk at it's best...when nobody is around.

I can't wait until APRIL 15th STRIPPERS!!!

Last year how much did you get to go out on Smitty's?
They were closed most of the summer from beach wash out and breeding.

-Danny

i think it was $73 or 78 I had the green key for a couple years.
__________________
Dave
04 Wrangler Sport 4.0
1990 VW Corrado Turbo
1998 VW Jetta TDI
1999 VW Jetta TDI 4 SALE!!
onlyn8v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #27
HIGHCALIBER
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 223
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyn8v View Post
i think it was $73 or 78 I had the green key for a couple years.
You may have misunderstood me, I know that the permit is $93 this year.
I meant how much did you actually get to go out on the beach last year at Smith's Point? I know the beach was closed for most of the summer due to storms washing away the beach and the Pipping Plovers nesting.
HIGHCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #28
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, South Hempstead, NY
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCALIBER View Post
The Suffolk County Permit is $93!!! Plus you have to purchase a Green Key for $24 but that lasts two years. So your total is $117....no thank you.

The New York State Parks Permit is $65 and that gets you into a lot of parks in Montauk like Hither Hills, Napeague, in addition you get access to Robert Moses, Gilgo, Democrat Point, etc.

Hope this helps,

-Danny
WOW, $65 this year? From what I remember it has always been $49...
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"]

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
HIGHCALIBER
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIM_OF_PAIN View Post
WOW, $65 this year? From what I remember it has always been $49...
Yes it was and the "Empire Pass" to get on all the beaches and parks was buy one get the second one half off.....not anymore.
The Park Attendant said in a laughing manner, "No they got rid of the Empire Pass discount this year, oh yeah, your fishing permit went up to $65 also"

WOW Decent increase but nothing like County. I am passing on County this year, I don't think I will go fishing enough to justify the $100+.

The $65 I paid for the State one will pay off the first Stripped Bass I catch, lol.


Hope to see you out there one day
HIGHCALIBER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #30
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island, South Hempstead, NY
Posts: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCALIBER View Post
Yes it was and the "Empire Pass" to get on all the beaches and parks was buy one get the second one half off.....not anymore.
The Park Attendant said in a laughing manner, "No they got rid of the Empire Pass discount this year, oh yeah, your fishing permit went up to $65 also"

WOW Decent increase but nothing like County. I am passing on County this year, I don't think I will go fishing enough to justify the $100+.

The $65 I paid for the State one will pay off the first Stripped Bass I catch, lol.


Hope to see you out there one day

I usually go to Demo, really looking forward to bringing the new Rubi out there. I'll be looking for you.
__________________
[COLOR="Gray"]

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.