Rochester area - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Rochester area

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #46
suresperance
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I hung out with Ryan a few times and I ran into a problem with my TJ called to ask if I could borrow his lift for an hr and he told me he had to close the shop .... sucks when the economy is so shi**y good people have to put their passions on the back burner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
Your RWR (Reciprocal Wave Ratio) will suffer a logarithmic decline unless you start waving to unmodded Jeeps also; it is your duty to guide them, not shun them.
suresperance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #47
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That does suck. I was looking forward to having diffs put in. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know. Btw, I found some great legal trails near between Corning and Watkins Glen if you are interested.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #48
suresperance
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It might not hurt to give him a call and talk to him see if he would do it on the side or if things have improved and the shop re opened. and hell yeah im intrested in legal trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
Your RWR (Reciprocal Wave Ratio) will suffer a logarithmic decline unless you start waving to unmodded Jeeps also; it is your duty to guide them, not shun them.
suresperance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #49
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

42.290644, -76.988633
42.317019, -77.034166

That is the two ends of one of the three chambers road's that I know. It says road closed but I think that is to keep cars out bc it really rutted. There is a 3 foot high dirt berm part way up one end buy no prob for my stock 05 with 31's. I didn't try the mud puddle at the bottom bc I was on my own but would like to try it someday. There are also other roads in the area.
Unread 07-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #50
Glockem

2008 JK Wrangler 

York Allbreed

Hello All, I'm going to York PA for the Jeep show this Saturday July 16. I'm leaveing Bath NY zip 14810, at 5am. Looking for sombody who wants to carpool with me. I can be emailed at: glockem1@gmail.com
Unread 07-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #51
Glockem

2008 JK Wrangler 

Legal Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsmandan View Post
42.290644, -76.988633
42.317019, -77.034166

That is the two ends of one of the three chambers road's that I know. It says road closed but I think that is to keep cars out bc it really rutted. There is a 3 foot high dirt berm part way up one end buy no prob for my stock 05 with 31's. I didn't try the mud puddle at the bottom bc I was on my own but would like to try it someday. There are also other roads in the area.
Hey! I live in Bath NY. You want to know about the trails around here? Come ride with me! You better bring a tent because I know enough of them it would take all weekend, sun-up to sun-down. Penn Yan is only 45min from my house and I've been on every trail and seasonal use road within 55 miles of here.
Unread 07-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #52
KingtheZJ
1998 ZJ 

i'm out in walworth (east side) just into wayne co. ive been to whispering pines a bunch with fl4x4 and with friends. its pretty sweet and nice its so close. but i still prefer to go to rausch. ive been there a lot, but its easier since i go to school down near there.

if you are looking for a jeep shop you might try jeepwerx (erik). i'm not sure what he really does. and there are some guys in fingerlakes 4x4 who know a lot about regearing too if you are looking for that.
Unread 07-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #53
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Found some more. Westmoreland rd off of montour Townsend rd. I will be checking out more of the state forests in steuben county in the weeks to come.
Unread 07-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #54
NYJeepForever
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsmandan View Post
Found some more. Westmoreland rd off of montour Townsend rd. I will be checking out more of the state forests in steuben county in the weeks to come.
How do you get to Westmoreland Rd? What town is it in? I am down in Corning NY.
NYJeepForever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #55
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It is off of montour Townsend rd. Which is what meads creek rd turns into. Go to coopers plains and turn right on meads creek rd and it's just less than 13 miles from there on the left and it says dead end. Just before that on the right is chambers rd which leads you back to coon hollow just n of hornby. Cook rd off of west hill rd is another nice one. I live in Penn Yan but I grew up in hornby on west hill rd. Ever go up higman hill?
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #56
NYJeepForever
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I will have to check that out. I know where Chambers is so I am sure I can find it. I have been to Higman Hill but not in a while. It seems like more of it has been posted. 10 years ago it didn't seem like hardly any of it had been posted. The stairs were always a good time but that is now posted.

My parents live in Hammondsport and have a boat on Keuka Lake. We get to Penn Yan pretty often.
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #57
NYJeepForever
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Is it after Monteray Jack's bar?

Cook Road is between Borden Hollow and West Hill correct? As I recall it is pretty steep with some rocks? We did Borden Hollow after a a foot and a half of snow. That was a good time!
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #58
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The best place that we used to go was just off 17 east toward the mall. About 3 miles before the old 352 exit, you could turn right toward the river and there were some trails near the chemung but since it became I86, they fenced it off. Used to go up Denmark hill as well but that has been since gated as well.
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #59
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yep. Next left.
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #60
NYJeepForever
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I found Townsend RD. (Thanks to Bing Maps.) After you make the left onto Townsend RD how far out is Westmoreland rd? (Right or left turn off Townsend Rd?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.