Rochester area - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Rochester area

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #31
joeegfl
2004 WJ 

I passed a few dudes on tractors they just waved
I wasn't ripping any crops up, just hitting the trails
Having fun and being safe
The water was actually running over a regular road out there
But, there were puddles on the trails that swallowed the tires whole :-)

joeegfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #32
suresperance
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm from fairport. I drive the black TJ on 33s and my buddy drives a black XJ on 31s .... soon to have my old 33s on it. we would both be down for a meet and greet or to help any one wrench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
Your RWR (Reciprocal Wave Ratio) will suffer a logarithmic decline unless you start waving to unmodded Jeeps also; it is your duty to guide them, not shun them.
suresperance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #33
Glockem

2008 JK Wrangler 

Jk Jeeps near by

I'm going to have some trails set at my place soon. I was invited to another private place last weekend, very nice creek bed with 2' 4' and 6' waterfalls, mud if you wanted it. Between his place and mine I hope to have an invite only camp for two nites. First nite at one location and the second nite at the other. Street legal Jeeps only.
Are any of you Jeepers going, or want to go to "Rousch Creek" in July? A few of us from around 14810 are going, some for a few days and some just Saturday. Even if you are new to off roading and rock crawling, you would have a good time. One doesen't have to drive over their head, there are bypasses around the wild stuff. Let me know.
Unread 06-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #34
xjfirefighter25
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I want to go to rouch but trying to save for front springs. I haven't wheeled it since I put the lift on so I'm itching to get her out
xjfirefighter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #35
konatown69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresperance View Post
I'm from fairport. I drive the black TJ on 33s and my buddy drives a black XJ on 31s .... soon to have my old 33s on it. we would both be down for a meet and greet or to help any one wrench.
Do you do body work or know someone that does. I have some holes in my fronty floor boards and some bubbling in my rear quarter I want to get taken care of before I cut and fold my lower rear quarters.

1999 Cherokee Classic, 4.0, AW4, Np242 {HP30 & 8.8 4.56's & locked - build under construction}
konatown69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #36
Glockem

2008 JK Wrangler 

Rousch Creek trip

Hello, A few of us from around the 14810 zip are wanting to go with our pal "Smokin Joe" to Rousch in mid July, Joe is camping all weekend and a few of us are going to leave Corning NY in the early AM and wheel for the day. If any of you want to come along we'd be happy to have you. We have a couple hard core buggys and modified jeeps, as well as a toyota land cruiser going right now. Thanks, Glockem
Unread 06-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #37
konatown69
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Anybody got a HP dana30 they want to let go cheap? all I need is the housing. my pass. side tube is bent.

1999 Cherokee Classic, 4.0, AW4, Np242 {HP30 & 8.8 4.56's & locked - build under construction}
konatown69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #38
joeegfl
2004 WJ 

Suresperance that sure is a beautiful Jeep
I gotta get some meat chops, Damn that's some rubber
joeegfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #39
NYJeepForever
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockem View Post
I'm going to have some trails set at my place soon. I was invited to another private place last weekend, very nice creek bed with 2' 4' and 6' waterfalls, mud if you wanted it. Between his place and mine I hope to have an invite only camp for two nites. First nite at one location and the second nite at the other. Street legal Jeeps only.

Hey Glockem...I am down in Corning and wheel with some guys from the Horseheads/Big Flats area. I assume you have been up to Back Country 4 Wheelers in Bath? We always make the trip up for their play days and poker runs. We also participate in the Twisted Toys poker runs.

Last fall we made a took trip up to Whispering Pines. That was worth the trip. I think in the next month we are going to try to get back up there.

We also went to RC in April. That was amazing!

Needless to say we try to get out as often as possible. If you hear of anything in the area let us know. We would be interested. Shoot me a PM and we can trade email info.
NYJeepForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #40
NYJeepForever
1991 YJ Wrangler 

There is myself and three other rigs that normally go wheeling together. They are all street legal.
NYJeepForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #41
suresperance
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by konatown69 View Post
Do you do body work or know someone that does. I have some holes in my fronty floor boards and some bubbling in my rear quarter I want to get taken care of before I cut and fold my lower rear quarters.
We dable in body work and are going after my buddys floor pans with in the next few months they are quite bad.

Depending on how much work and the level of perfection needed wed deff be down to help.

Quote:
Your RWR (Reciprocal Wave Ratio) will suffer a logarithmic decline unless you start waving to unmodded Jeeps also; it is your duty to guide them, not shun them.
Unread 07-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #42
suresperance
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeegfl View Post
Suresperance that sure is a beautiful Jeep
I gotta get some meat chops, Damn that's some rubber

Thanks I'm planning on ordering a new set soon since my buddys moving up to 33s I figured I'd hook him up with some cheap half worn tires and get myself a brand new set. Those khumos are hard as hell to get stuck I cannot praise them enough.

Quote:
Unread 07-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #43
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Blue Dog Jeep in Farmington comes with good comments. Torq masters uses him to do first installs of Aussie Lockers.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #44
suresperance
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Blue dog jeep (Ryan) closed his shop last year I believe, he is a GREAT guy though.

Quote:
Unread 07-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #45
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I did not know that. His website is still up however.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.