offroading in the catskills, ny - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > offroading in the catskills, ny

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 07-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
vajeepwave10
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Location: virginia beach, Discount doucle check!!! (puts on the belt)
offroading in the catskills, ny

So word around the water cooler is that there's some good wheelin to be found in or around the Catskill Mountians in New York. i want to know if there's anyone from the area OR anyone whos been up there that can give me some info on this! thanks yall

vajeepwave10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
XaphanZ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i wish that were the case. this area is pretty lame. NY has their panties in a wad when it comes to driving on state land.
XaphanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #3
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajeepwave10 View Post
So word around the water cooler is that there's some good wheelin to be found in or around the Catskill Mountians in New York. i want to know if there's anyone from the area OR anyone whos been up there that can give me some info on this! thanks yall
You are in VA. Why do you ask. We cant just give out secrets to out of towners!!

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2 View Post
You are in VA. Why do you ask. We cant just give out secrets to out of towners!!
But you can to someone who lives 20 minutes from you
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajeepwave10 View Post
Define "good wheeling". If you're talking about some dirt roads for a stock run, there's plenty of that especially in the winter for a snow run. Other than that, you're out of luck...

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member: NOVA (Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
Andy-WhiteTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
liredneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys I'm moving up there soon and would like to get a tour of any spots and good shops around I'll be in shandaken off rt 28
Unread 07-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liredneck View Post
Hey guys I'm moving up there soon and would like to get a tour of any spots and good shops around I'll be in shandaken off rt 28
Hers a few clubs in the area to check out

http://www.mohawk4wdclub.com/
Freedom Off Roaders 4x4 club: Rochester NY

MVMC Mohawk Valley MudCrawlers
The Most Active 4x4 Club In Western New York! : Fingerlakes 4x4
Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a house in Hunter, NY about 5 minutes from the mountain. I'm up there every weekend in the winter, hopefully I can meet up with some of you and wheel this winter.
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
TimJ408
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
When are you moving up here? I live in west hurley, ny, you will be about 25 mins from me. I'm up for a trail ride if I can get a bunch of people to come. As for spots, there are very few, but the one's available have my tracks on them. As for shops... around here we call it "workin on the jeep", so not much for shops. Besides welding, everything else is DIY

-Tim
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
toplessanddirty
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you guys find any decent places let me know, I've just been stockin it on seasonal and access roads.
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
liredneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm all diy I ment 4x4 frendly shops for inspections and such and I'll be there by the end of the mounth on rt 42 my sister owns the montain brook bar if you kno the place I'll be n the house behind
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
TimJ408
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I'm all diy I ment 4x4 frendly shops for inspections and such and I'll be there by the end of the mounth on rt 42 my sister owns the montain brook bar if you kno the place I'll be n the house behind
I know exactly where you will be. If you wanna do a trail ride send me a pm some time or i'll let you know when we are getting a group together. As for shops, thats kinda tricky.. For inspections I'd go to my buddy walt's: Walts Foreign & Domestic Auto (Walt's Foreign & Domestic Auto Repair*) - Shokan, New York (NY) | Company Profile
He can do just about anything. I actually lost my mechanic who has done a engine swap and all kinds of work on my jeep..

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbeckteria View Post
If you guys find any decent places let me know, I've just been stockin it on seasonal and access roads.
Hey there, We have some decent spots. Mostly powerlines and some "optional" trails. Most can be done on a stock wrangler, just don't forget the towpoints, lol. Get back to me on facebook if you wanna come on a ride with us.. Tim Johnson | Facebook
Unread 08-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
liredneck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

im up till tuesday

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.