Offroad in TriState Area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Offroad in TriState Area

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
HANDKAES
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Offroad in TriState Area

Does anybody has a nice spot for offroading. Max 2 hours arround nyc?

Thanks

HANDKAES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
WBjoeXj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

north pines in NJ
WBjoeXj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

RocsTrails is opening up this spring I believe, roughly 1.5hr north of Manhatten. Lots of local spots but you need to spend some time digging through the forum to find them. Check your distance from Wharton and Stokes too.
Mike
mikd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
Irongrave
1992 YJ Wrangler 

check out Long Island Offroad they have access to wheeling land the public dose not. if you make a weekend out of it heading to RC is not a bad trip from the NYC area just about 3 hours for me with a trailer
1997 TJ, Dad's Claytons 4:88s and stuff A TJ for Dad
1992 YJ crawler, getting 60s. Build thread the illusion of progress
North Jersey Jeep Club, AtoZ Fabrication, Rozzo Fabrication
Irongrave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
HANDKAES
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hey checked long island offroad today. they replied that they do not have any access to wheeling land. except whats open to the public.
yeah cant wait to find out what the rocstrails is all about.
north pine should be nice. but it looks kind of a big area. so going on my own ... dont know. dont wanna get lost out there. by the way: is pine barrens a legal spot?

enjoy your sunday!
Unread 03-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
stevenk75
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yeah the pines is a legal spot.... sometimes you have to be careful idk about the pines some places in other parts of nj if you cut threw any type of water like a river or pond you can get a summons.... but i always say i just thought it was a big puddle lol most of the time they laugh at me and leave but once and a while if you get the cop who thinks he is the greates cop of all time you may have a problem
stevenk75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #7
WBjoeXj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

come out with us on the 31st of march to rausch creek man.how did you make out with the clutch?
WBjoeXj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
HANDKAES
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBjoeXj View Post
come out with us on the 31st of march to rausch creek man.how did you make out with the clutch?
I saw that you are going to rausch creek. but unfortunately i have to work that days... i would def. go ... if i were off

clutch... dont ask me lol

i bleeded another 5 times no help. went to the dealer. explained everything and he ordered a complete new assy (master, slave cylinder precharged) replaced it. bleeded it... and job done! works fine. ssems like the first assy came defect crazy and i have no expla nation why/how?!

but now clutch makes different weired noises... looks like i have to replace trowout bearing. and ones clutch disassembled i should also replace shaftseals etc... will be a job for mid april. (ones weather is better lol bbq, beer and job should be a liitle bit more easy )

Prost!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.