OFFICIAL heading to RAUSCH CREEK thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > OFFICIAL heading to RAUSCH CREEK thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

OFFICIAL heading to RAUSCH CREEK thread

WHATS UP GUYS !

Figured this would be a good thread for people to see if anyone else they could possibly link up with is heading to rausch creek, the same day/s.

I dont have any friends who own jeeps, so its just me and my brother in law in my tj. I know to go to the park you need a minum of two jeeps.

im planning to go end of november, well see how that pans out. if no one is going towards the end of the month i might just go for the guided trail ride Ive also never been there and have only been on one trail day.

so let me know, others know what days/trips you guys have planned

stratton.

STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
onyxthecat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I definitely want to go soon. I'v been about 5 times or so and it's pretty cool. The monthly ride is always interesting since you have all kinds of rides with all kinds of levels of mods. Honestly though riding with just one or two jeeps is nicer since you could end up with people who don't know much about off-roading and it takes a while to get through part of the trail.
onyxthecat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #3
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

im looking foward to going at some point. doesnt look like imma be able to make in november at all.

stratton.
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
uncleirish2002

Anyone have good directions from LI to Rausch Creek?
uncleirish2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

just gps it. gps generally pulls a good fast route.

when do you plan on going ?

im still hoping i can make it some time soon.

stratton.
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
uncleirish2002

Thanx. Going Saturday. Can't wait.
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

ahh nice. have fun man !

please post up some pics in this thread !

stratton.
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
uncleirish2002

I will try. Still don't know how to do that yet. Lol.
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #9
ozmanyyy

I didn't notice there were two threads about Rausch, I posted some general directions I took from CT last month.

It was a blast, I actualls signed up for the 101 class since I hadn't really been offroading except for sand dunes.

Kyle and Mary were great, we were on the trails from 9:30am till about 4pm with a short lunch break. It was great and I was actually surprised because at first glance, I thought the trails looked a lot harder than what I expected for a 101 ( again, this was my first real experience). But it was fine, they know what they're doing. Great time. I'm going to try and head back out after the holidays. My jeep is pretty much a stock TJ and it had no trouble doing anything.

Enjoy!
Oz
ozmanyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
uncleirish2002

Hey. Ty. I went last weekend and had the best time. I also thought they'd b different for beginner trails. No problems just expected different. What a blast though. Can't wait to go back.
Unread 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

good to hear you had a blast. so your saying the beginner trails were a little to easy ?

stratton.
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #12
uncleirish2002

No actually. Some of them I thought were a little more advanced for beginner trails. Crazy rocks. Really cool. No problems but it was different then I was thinking. I was thinking hills and stuff.
Unread 03-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #13
jeep817
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmanyyy View Post
It was a blast, I actualls signed up for the 101 class since I hadn't really been offroading except for sand dunes.

Kyle and Mary were great, we were on the trails from 9:30am till about 4pm with a short lunch break. It was great and I was actually surprised because at first glance, I thought the trails looked a lot harder than what I expected for a 101 ( again, this was my first real experience). But it was fine, they know what they're doing. Great time. I'm going to try and head back out after the holidays. My jeep is pretty much a stock TJ and it had no trouble doing anything.

Enjoy!
Oz
So was it worth the $200? ($150 class, $35 membership, $15 for the day)? How many were in the class? I am debating going to their 101 class next month because I have never been further than a dirt road...
jeep817 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #14
ozmanyyy

Yeah, absolutely. It's a great way to get your feet wet, knowing they're not going to let you get in over your head. I'd even do it again.

Oz
ozmanyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #15
quakecop1
2013 JK Wrangler 

ANYONE GOING TO RAUSH 3-23-13 Saturday

looking to go Saturday let me know
quakecop1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.