NY driving laws - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > NY driving laws

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

NY driving laws

**NY Driving light laws sorry for messing up the subject title

Anybody know the driving light laws in New York? I googled but theyre so confusing and difficukt to read through. I need to know how many I can have and when they're allowed to be on. Do they need covers? Also if they have a wattage cap that'd be good to know too

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Ferenckzy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

As far as I know, if you have trail lights they don't need to be covered but you are not allowed to have them on while driving. It's common here to see people driving with aftermarket fog lights on their bumper (I've never seen more than two on at a time though, so I wouldn't push it).

For headlights, you're pretty much good to go as far as brightness is concerned. Lots of ricers around here with stupid high output HID lights and ****. Unneccessary high beam use is prohibited though.

'94 WhyJ, Tall, Locked, RCV'd
Ferenckzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.