Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

--- New York and Long Island Meet & Greet ---

41K views 443 replies 67 participants last post by  Comanche717 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

In case you haven't been following the NY trails thread, We have gotten alot of volunteering to go out for a get together and some wheel'n. Well let's get organized so we actually get together rather than just talk about it.

If you guys will e-mail me, I'll put together a list of names/phone numbers/e-mails and we can figure out a location.

So ALL who want to get involved with this and get together sometime, e-mail me.

My e-mail is BrettDez@gmail.com

Make your Subject: "LI Offroading" or something similar so I don't confuse it.

Include in the e-mail:

1. Name
2. Location
3. Phone Number
4. Type of Rig / How Heavily Modified or Stock
5. Suggestions for a Meetup Location and Date
6. Trail Riding Locations you know of we can all go to(you don't have to give away secrets if you're worried, just let me know if you know of any and we'll figure more out when we all meet)

I'll give everyone a call or e-mail and see what we can set up. Hopefully we can get some good wheel'n, good food, and good drink(you choose the order of preference, lol).

Get back to me when you can guys. :cheers2: This is just about fun and wheel'n, nothing more

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey guys, just to update I currently have 7 responders only. That's still enough but anyone else who is interested, get in touch ASAP so we can get the ball rolling here.

#5 ·
sent you an email, been awhile since anythings happened on the island, we had a good meetup about a year and half ago with 4 guys and we did some wheeling thanks to "yesterdaylight"

#6 ·
Got your e-mail, I'm gonna wait a couple more days to see how many more we get, we have a decent number so far. The more the better!

Once a little time has passed for those interested to contact me, I'll send out more information to everyone via their e-mail.

#10 ·
NYOffroad,

To answer your question, no wheeling locations are decided yet. I am going to compile information. I have only glanced at some of it, but I think one person owned some land for us to use, I'll give more information via e-mail. Or we may make a trip out somewhere not too far away. No plans yet, just collecting information for now.

#12 ·
I might be interested, only thing is I'm 17 so I still go by my parents rules and you all know how that whole "I'm going to meet up with a group of guys on the internet" thing goes, so maybe. I'm up in Westchester, do you know where about you guys would be wheeling?

#13 ·
--- New York and Long Island Meet & Greet --- LAST CALL

Okay guys last call before we start getting this thing together. Send me an e-mail with the information requested so I can include you! I will be e-mailing everyone within the next couple of days so we can get started.

In the meantime, I would suggest that everyone who has already e-mailed me, to research possible wheeling locations for the group. Expect 10 to 20 rigs, maybe fewer depending on availability of everyone's schedule. Even if your location isn't suited for our first meetup because it's smaller, look into it as it could be fine for a smaller get together further down the line. I will be doing this as well.

Meeting / Wheeling Locations is the next thing to figure out. We need to get some dirt under our tires! I know a couple of you made suggestions to me and thanks by the way. The more ideas the better, so feel free to e-mail me again if you have an idea you didn't mention or new information. Again, I will be e-mailing everyone soon.

Oh and 0blcktj6? If your parents are worried at all, they can come? Maybe a father and son trip offroading? Might be a good chance to scare your dad with your driving, lol! Hey, e-mail me though and we can see what's up.

Any questions? Expect an e-mail from me within a few days from today if you've e-mailed me already.

:cheers2:

#14 ·
where in ny??
i have a 95 wrangler
and just put my first
lift in it and bought bigger
tires and i've taken her offroading
quite a bit with the stock suspension
and everything on it before and spent
money on pretty much all new parts.
new tranny, power steering box, catalytic
converter. 4 inch suspension lift from rough country.

so please let me know where in ny and i'm
definitely interested.

#16 ·
I would HIGHLY suggest that well before you head out to go wheeling at ANY location.. make sure it is legal. All you need is to have 15 rigs lined up and an EPO handing out $100+ fines. For that cost, you all could have joined a club for two years or started your own and had a bunch of money in the kitty for things like club decals and insurance.

There is a club on Long Island, Long island Off Road and they do regular trips to all legal places.
One might want to contact them to find out if the place you're going is legal.

bobblair@optonline.net

In my 20 years of wheeling here in New England, I know that other than private land with permission, there are no places to go on the island except for the beaches, with permits.
There is also very little in upstate NY... The idea that "I've been going there for a while and never had a problem" does not make it open and legal.

If this is your first time out, I wouldn't want it spoiled by a ticket. Please check.

and once you do, make sure you have fun!! :thumbsup:

Talk soon,

#17 ·
Well personally I contacted the LI Offroad club you're talking about, or at least I attempted to. I got no response twice. Then I see people constantly looking for others on LI here on the forum, including myself. So I'm just gathering some info so we can all figure something out together. It's not a "club," just a meet and greet. If anything else develops, so be it, but it's nothing "official." We're just getting together for some wheel'n.

And yes, LEGAL wheeling is important, we are not just going to go "yeehaw, let's grab a bunch of guys and tear up the local park and playground!" lol

It should be fun, where ever we end up going. And yes, it will be legal. We got a good number of people so far, so I can't wait personally. And I have some ideas of locations myself, will require a trip though. Hopefuly others who have already volunteered will have more info. The more the merrier.

:cheers2:

#18 ·
Thats excellent.. When the time comes that you are heading out, shoot that guy Bob Blair an email, he will answer you back and most probably know the legality of any place you're planning on going so you have no chance of any problems. :thumbsup:

Talk soon,

#19 ·
anyone check out smithpoint ? I know a ford group used to meetup on the beach over the summer and you can purchase daily passes.

#20 ·
I literally JUST sent out the e-mail to everyone, we have over 15 people/rigs so far. Which is great! I sent out a short e-mail to get in contact and two proposed wheel'n meetups. So everyone check their e-mail at some point today if you can, and let me know what everyone thinks is best.

Also, if you did not recieve an e-mail from me, but you DID already e-mail me your information, post a response here with your e-mail address so I can correct it and send you a copy.

#21 ·
Oh and, if anyone else wants to get involved still, just e-mail me, there is no cutoff.

#22 ·
i think a weekend trip to Rausch Creek would be the best bet for some real wheeling

#25 ·
Smith Point is open this summer and has daily beach passes, I believe after this memorial day weekened you are allowed to go and just hang out you dont need to carry fishing poles and such, camping is also available but you need to register for that, but we could at least get everyone on the beach and have a small convoy around then a BBQ or something since you are allowed to cook on the beach.

Smith Point County Park
Shirley (631) 852-1313

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.