New to Oneonta - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > New to Oneonta

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #16
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
how about some picts of pulling logs off the pile and cutting some wood. Arent you and your girl up at scott G's place . If this is you post some new picts of the jeep. otown
Yes, tons of pics on my photobucket..

username: egodfrey203

Srry only just saw your post

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
egodfrey is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #17
40dog
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Eric are you around oneonta still or have you shipped out. getting ready to start my yj winter build. did you get any time in the woods for the big game season..luke and i wanted to get you out for a day afield lokkin for a big buck.keep intouch when you ship out .
40dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #18
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nah, havnt gotten **** hunting yet, seen alot of doe...dont ship out till jan 30, right now the jeeps gettign gears set at draken offroad....if you need any help with that yj lemme know

Most of all thanks too Ian Johnson and the xtreme off-road crew for all their work, and 4 wheel to heal for their part in it too.
Unread 12-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
40dog
1988 YJ Wrangler 

im going to start my tear down next week ive been shopping for parts and pieces still looking for the d2 8.8 ford rear . Im ready to pull the front end off and the tub besides cleaning the shop out a little for some extra room.
Unread 12-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #20
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
im going to start my tear down next week ive been shopping for parts and pieces still looking for the d2 8.8 ford rear . Im ready to pull the front end off and the tub besides cleaning the shop out a little for some extra room.
Go with the 42, open 4.10 and drop in a locker.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
40dog
1988 YJ Wrangler 

im not sure if a lunch box in the rear will be good for me if you ment a ARB its not in this build budget. . i was hoping for a ls factory 8.8 and a lunch box up front on this set up. ive never been impressed with rear lockers while daily driving in the winter snow like todays 4 inches .ive been watching the local u pullit for new wrecks weekly. is there a better mid ranged priced rear limited slip/locker you know of for DD application?.im open to suggestions from others experience .
Unread 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #22
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
im not sure if a lunch box in the rear will be good for me if you ment a ARB its not in this build budget. . i was hoping for a ls factory 8.8 and a lunch box up front on this set up. ive never been impressed with rear lockers while daily driving in the winter snow like todays 4 inches .ive been watching the local u pullit for new wrecks weekly. is there a better mid ranged priced rear limited slip/locker you know of for DD application?.im open to suggestions from others experience .
My DD is not my Jeep but both vehicles have front and rear lunchbox lockers. We don't get as much snow as you guys do in NY but neither vehicle has let me down in any weather, even 2-3 feet of snow. Your plan sounds fine, but the 8.8 is tough to find with that combo and nothing beats a locker. With a lunchbox in either axle, you're going to slide around more but you'll get stuck a lot less.
Unread 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #23
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ill let you know how i like my rear lunchbox once its done getting geared and installed

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #24
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Although I recommend F&R lockers, a front locker and open rear will still get you through a good bit. Here's my jeep a few years ago with only a front locker, 4" lift, and 33s, no other modifications:

Quote:
Originally Posted by egodfrey View Post
Ill let you know how i like my rear lunchbox once its done getting geared and installed
With an auto trans and longer wheelbase, it'll be less noticeable than in a Wrangler.
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:11 AM   #25
40dog
1988 YJ Wrangler 

short wheel base is what was what was bugging me about puting front and rear lockers.if the wife or daughter has to drive as a backup vehicle was my concern in the winter weather .i may go open diff in the rear with the 8.8 at first if i cant find the d2.searching for the needle in the haystack i guess thanks for the feed back .when i start the teardown for my build i will keep everyone posted with picts.this is going to be a great winter project. thanks
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #26
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
short wheel base is what was what was bugging me about puting front and rear lockers.if the wife or daughter has to drive as a backup vehicle was my concern in the winter weather .i may go open diff in the rear with the 8.8 at first if i cant find the d2.searching for the needle in the haystack i guess thanks for the feed back .when i start the teardown for my build i will keep everyone posted with picts.this is going to be a great winter project. thanks
Have you ever used car-part.com? I just found this in NY:

Quote:
Rear Axle
Ford Explorer 4.10 LOCKER,4.0,AT 4X4 CODE D2 46,000 A L04028 $275.03 Cahill's Auto Parts USA-NY(Hoosick) E-mail 1-800-686-5644
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #27
40dog
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i will call them thanks for the info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.