In need of some help from another member?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > In need of some help from another member??

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
LITJGuy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

In need of some help from another member??

So im lookin to regear my D30 asap, i allready have the gears and install kit, what i want to do is learn hands on how to do them and also get them done right, if theres anyone around the Long Island, NY area that would be willing to teach and lend a hand it would be much appreicated...i have the money to get it done from a shop so thats not a prob but i would like to learn as well and a mod Day is always fun as well

Unread 04-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
LITJGuy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

BUMP...Anyone??
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
LITJGuy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

NO one really...??? any suggestions then
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
Rubikahn

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Well you asked...take it to a shop and pay to have it done. Too many things could go wrong.
OME ZJ/LJ lift, 33" MT MTZ on AR-23 wheels, front and rear JKS trackbars, 1" seat risers, MORE 1" BL and MML, factory Ipod adapter. Light khaki jeep club #72
Rubikahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
LITJGuy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubikahn View Post
Well you asked...take it to a shop and pay to have it done. Too many things could go wrong.
Thanks..i realized that, i was asking BC i figured a lot of guys on this forum are very experienced and have been doing it for years and years...so yes i know i can bring it to a shop
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'd help if I could but you're pretty far away. Anyway when I re-geared mine it took a lot of preparation that included collecting the proper tools and literature. From the time I pulled the axle out to the day I drove it to my new place it was about 5 months. It took so long because I started a new job 2 hours away and moved so I was limited to 2-4 hours on weekends at my folks house plus I had to get tools and do a lot of reading. If you take on the challenge don't expect it to be a weekend job unless you have someone with all the tools and has done it more times then they can remember. Good luck!

So far my gears haven't blown up and that was about a year ago.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I placed a copy of this thread in the North East section of the Wheeling Neighborhood forum here in JF. Hopefully someone who can help who lives in your area will see it in that North East area forum.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.