Need some fab work on LI - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Need some fab work on LI

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Johnny1217
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Need some fab work on LI

I need to know where I can get some steel sheets and maybe someone to help me with a mig welder?

I want to fab some armor for my fenders and lower portion of the frame on my Cherokee, and I screwed up the rear fenders and wells cutting, so I need someone who can weld it up for me...

Here's what I did:

Best shots I had...If you can see tho, I cut the rear and left the seam...this whole thing has been a learn-as-I-go experience but I'd really like to get this fixed. Any help would be appreciated, also here's the idea for the armor:

I want to make steel plating that can be bolted/riveted/screwed into the existing frame to 1 cover the weld seam that will be eventually created in the rear, and to armor up the sides. Not all 1 sheet obviously but that's the idea. Paint it black and all that too. The red designates where and how wide.

Unread 06-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I can prob help you but not anytime soon im actually up state going to school for welding i have a little 110 mig i get home at the end of august so if your not done with your project by then or if you need anything else just send me a pm
Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.
attackcammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

oh and im from centereach where you at? the pics look like your right off of portion road. am i right?
Ordinary cars lie to you. They tell you that everything is controlled, warm, safe, smooth ---- we know this is a general falsehood. There is extreme beauty in the world and the best way to find it is to be out in it --- all the way. In a Jeep. Cause you can't get there in a Camry.
attackcammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
Irongrave
1992 YJ Wrangler 

hit up solo fab works

Welcome!
1997 TJ, Dad's Claytons 4:88s and stuff A TJ for Dad
1992 YJ crawler, getting 60s. Build thread the illusion of progress
North Jersey Jeep Club, AtoZ Fabrication, Rozzo Fabrication
Irongrave is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.