Need a good LI body shop thats not looking to rape me... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Need a good LI body shop thats not looking to rape me...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
soundeng
2000 WJ 

Question Need a good LI body shop thats not looking to rape me...

I spun my Jeep 4 days after i bought it a year ago - hit a curb and a tree....
Long story short the body shop wanted over $7k for repairs me and my buddies did for $2k

All I need is a fender - drivers door and hood touched up and blended...theres a tiny patch of rust on the door.....

Have yet to get a quote under $850

Its been a few years since Ive dealt with body shops but i think you should be able to get the whole damn truck painted for $850......

soundeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
NYWheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

You probably won't find a shop to do it for less than that. Thats pretty cheap to paint a hood, fender, door, and deal with a rust spot. We get a little less than half that just to paint a hood.
Unread 01-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Irongrave
1992 YJ Wrangler 

$850 aint bad for a LI shop gotta remember its $$$$$ to own and run any type of business in this state. I'd get and HVLP gun and a good eazy up throw some sides on it with a few fans then rock and roll.
1997 TJ, Dad's Claytons 4:88s and stuff A TJ for Dad
1992 YJ crawler, getting 60s. Build thread the illusion of progress
North Jersey Jeep Club, AtoZ Fabrication, Rozzo Fabrication
Irongrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
goonies

having done some panel hanging and used mobile painters and body shops. Thats a fair price. IF you want it blended properly. You want to just paint the parts and hang them yourself you could save some money. Paint is expensive. Probably a good $300 just for paint even if its single stage paint. Prep time, sanding, taping, cleaning the equipment, and most shops quarentee there work for the life of the work.

For a 98 XJ. I bought a header panel, front bumper, bumper ends, the paint the chemicals for the paint (1 quart of paint), prepped everything myself and taped it myself and had a guy i knew paint it in the parking lot. He charged $100 for his time, the paint and chemicals cost me $150. and the parts cost another $150. $400 in all for a driveway job with NO blending. This was also all on wholesale accounts through my shop.

$850s not so bad.
goonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
soundeng
2000 WJ 

Cool thanks guys - guess its been a few years since ive needed any body work at all....lol

and i would like it to be blended right...
Well - loks like a got a few more months of looking at a "clown truck" so I can save up.......
soundeng is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.