Looking for a good jeep mechanic on LI - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Looking for a good jeep mechanic on LI

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
beerhunter2
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Looking for a good jeep mechanic on LI

Hi,

i have the infamous engine tick. I need to have it looked at and have an estimate written up. Are there any recommendations in Nassau/Suffolk around Massapequa/Amityville area? I am thinking about having Joseph's in Wantagh/Seaford look at it but he seems to be a general mechanic. Thanks

beerhunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
edpmedic
1995 ZJ 

I meant to answer yesterday but got side tracked. I would calk a place called FXG in Baldwin on seaman rd if i'm not mistaken. The F X G Automotive Diagnostics Inc

(516) 223-6740635 Seaman AveNorth Baldwin,*NY*11510

I have not used him in sometime but he is honest and if I remember one of his mechanics was into 4 wheeling. He worked on my 88 Cherokee when I was injured and could not do anything.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Feel the Sunshine on your face
edpmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
egodfrey
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Planet automotive and talk to John. Also check out outlawedoffroad.com its a expanding new forum based out of long island. John is a mod on it.

DO NOT DO WORK WITH DRAKEN OFFROAD IN NY!!!
(also known as dragons garage in Oneonta NY)
egodfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
greenlawnjeeper
1996 XJ Cherokee 

FWIW, I had a "tick" that I thought was a lifter but turned out to be the dist. shaft. Can you feel this tick coming from the distributor cap? A new distributor cured the problem.
'96 Cherokee Country, Magnaflow cat and Borla exhaust, Hella 550's, Up Country suspension, Michelin MS 2's in 235x15 and Edelbrock IAS shocks. 91K orig. miles - the wife uses it ('cept when I borrow it to go huntin').
greenlawnjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
soundeng
2000 WJ 

Josephes is good - but pricey -and crazy busy all the time.......lol
I used to work in Oak Auto Parts in Seaford whan i was younger.....
soundeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
goonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by egodfrey View Post
Planet automotive and talk to John. Also check out outlawedoffroad.com its a expanding new forum based out of long island. John is a mod on it.
I know this is an old thread, But thanks for the recomendation Eric
goonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
Trendsetter75
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

Planet Automotive do all my work and completely satisfied!
Unread 07-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
FIFIFO
2009 JK Wrangler 

I own Huntington Transmissions & auto repair on New York Ave. We're "Jeep Guys" and would be more then happy to check it out for you. Call anytime,
(631)549-5225 and ask for Justin or Antonio. We just did a motor on a 4 cyl YJ three weeks ago.
FIFIFO is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.