Long Island Trail.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Long Island Trail....

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
jmcraptor

Long Island Trail....

Last edited by jmcraptor; 05-11-2011 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Too many tree huggers
jmcraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

If I'm not mistaken posting about illegal wheeling is grounds for banning on JF. Regardless of JF don't do it! Land use is an important issue and illegal wheeling puts us in bad position.
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Good thing that ain't my property and my gate , the first thing you'd hear is sjotgun blasts and the second thing youd hear are your flat tires trying to get the F%$#out.
In all honesty though. Find out who owns it and attempt to get permission to go in there. or do as I'm in the process of and lease it. Money talks and BS walks. Most likely if the owner is willing to do it, it will cost less than what most people put into their vehicles.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Trespassing and Criminal Damage to Property will look real good on your next employee background check.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
97tjtom
1999 TJ Wrangler 

setaukets been the **** since 2006! unfortunately somewhere around 2008 landrover took it over and now its only open to LR demos. all attempts to get permission have been rejected. since its owned or leased by a dealership, its a black and white deal. no go. SCPD will sit with binoculars and issue tickets, stay outta there.
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

removed
Toms87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #7
jmcraptor

I'm pretty sure that land is not owned by the dealership. I had called one of the landrover dealerships and they said they got permission from the town to use it for their event. There are no legal trails in long island so they pretty much force us to take the chance. I have seen plenty of atv's and even horses using that trail. Also thought i should add they have no signs that say no trespassing or anything. As long as i'm not the one who causes the damage then i cant see it being that bad.
Unread 04-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

gate cut down and drive right over it???? It's plain and simple if the hobby means that much to you, you would move to a place where you can wheel. It ain't our fault that you live in an overpopulated community with no open space so don't make us all look like *******es with such a moronic post. Every forum you vist, be Jeep Ford, Chevy has a Long Island post about wheeling, jump on the bandwagon and start traveling
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #9
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

jm, do us all a favor and quit driving a 4x4.
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
jmcraptor

To be honest i'm not even a jeep owner, I was simply just trying to share a new trail for potential off roading. I didn't realize that i was going to get so much **** for it especially by jeep guys. On long island people that want to go off road are forced to do it illegally. I go off roading on a weekly basis and im not about to drive 2 -3 hrs to have some fun. The same **** happens with street racers. Long island decided to shut down the race track so now you have kids racing on the streets and killing people. At least by driving off road no one is going to get hurt. Also At least i'm using my 4x4 for what its made for, I'm sure that the people that are complaining are probably just using their jeeps to go over the speed bumps at the mall. And if JF wants to ban my account go ahead. I'll be deleting my account today anyway.
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcraptor View Post
To be honest i'm not even a jeep owner, I was simply just trying to share a new trail for potential off roading. I didn't realize that i was going to get so much **** for it especially by jeep guys. On long island people that want to go off road are forced to do it illegally. I go off roading on a weekly basis and im not about to drive 2 -3 hrs to have some fun. The same **** happens with street racers. Long island decided to shut down the race track so now you have kids racing on the streets and killing people. At least by driving off road no one is going to get hurt. Also At least i'm using my 4x4 for what its made for, I'm sure that the people that are complaining are probably just using their jeeps to go over the speed bumps at the mall. And if JF wants to ban my account go ahead. I'll be deleting my account today anyway.
I live in Westchester County so exactly same situation as you as far as legal spots. But illegal wheeling only hurts our sport. Give us bad reputation. Results in more and more legal spots being taken away. To be responsible you have to accept and deal with it. Yes, the drive to Rausch is longer than I would like, but it is worth it. Join one of the local clubs that have negotiated access to private land. There are options. But damaging our sport shouldn't be one of them.
Unread 04-21-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure why this thread is still here
Unread 04-21-2011, 01:37 PM   #13
jmcraptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
I live in Westchester County so exactly same situation as you as far as legal spots. But illegal wheeling only hurts our sport. Give us bad reputation. Results in more and more legal spots being taken away. To be responsible you have to accept and deal with it. Yes, the drive to Rausch is longer than I would like, but it is worth it. Join one of the local clubs that have negotiated access to private land. There are options. But damaging our sport shouldn't be one of them.
I'm really not trying to cause any problems but think about it from my point of view. You say that riding illegally hurts our sport and hurts our reputation. But in what way? In long island they already made it illegal to do any off roading. So how much can it really hurt. If long island had an off road park or a race track and i was still abusing it then that would make sense. I used to have a corvette and sold it because i didn't want to keep racing on public streets and thought that off roading would put less people at risk.
Unread 04-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #14
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcraptor

I'm really not trying to cause any problems but think about it from my point of view. You say that riding illegally hurts our sport and hurts our reputation. But in what way? In long island they already made it illegal to do any off roading. So how much can it really hurt. If long island had an off road park or a race track and i was still abusing it then that would make sense. I used to have a corvette and sold it because i didn't want to keep racing on public streets and thought that off roading would put less people at risk.
What? People expect offroaders to break laws and trespass so that is justification to do it? Not the way I look at the world. I would rather prove to people that we can wheel responsibly and that we take things like "tread lightly" seriously rather than reinforce negative stereotypes and their consequences.
Unread 04-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #15
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar

What? People expect offroaders to break laws and trespass so that is justification to do it? Not the way I look at the world. I would rather prove to people that we can wheel responsibly and that we take things like "tread lightly" seriously rather than reinforce negative stereotypes and their consequences.
Agreed .
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.