Long Island offroad beach pass after sandy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Long Island offroad beach pass after sandy

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
ArcticDude88
2012 KK Liberty 

Long Island offroad beach pass after sandy

Hey all sorry if this was discussed before but I could not find it! Does anyone know where to purchase the 4x4 beach pass I think it's called the empire pass for Robert mosses and democrat point beaches? I would usaully purchase the pass at the police shack all the way down ocean parkway but that was probably destroyed by the storm. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ArcticDude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
32vld
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Empire pass is to get into the parking lots at the beachs.

You need the permit to get onto the beaches.

There is the state permit for state land and a Suffolk county permit for county land.

Then there is a camp hero permit and a montauk lighthouse permit for those that want to fish over night.

Bethpage State park is the LI regional HQ. Right off the SS PKWY.
32vld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

Last year i got the application from the Aviator on flatbush ave in Brooklyn. If i'm not mistaken. But i would call them before you head out there
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
jbilski
2012 WK 

I use the Suffolk beach permit. You can go to montauk, Southampton and smiths point (usually) and you can buy it at any of those beaches or west sayville golf course.
jbilski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
G00SEiv
2013 JK Wrangler 

From what I understand you need some type of NYS fishing offroad pass, which requires you to have several things in/on your vehicle in order to not get fined. Obviously, fishing poles, a chain/towstrap/rope, a portapotty, jack, spare tire, etc.

What I don't understand is if you ALSO need a fishing license.

Anybody have this stuff?
G00SEiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G00SEiv
From what I understand you need some type of NYS fishing offroad pass, which requires you to have several things in/on your vehicle in order to not get fined. Obviously, fishing poles, a chain/towstrap/rope, a portapotty, jack, spare tire, etc.

What I don't understand is if you ALSO need a fishing license.

Anybody have this stuff?
Yes you do need to have a fishing license in order to access the beaches. Which reminds me I should renew mine...
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
G00SEiv
2013 JK Wrangler 

Is there a one stop website where I can view all this information?

Something official?

Last year I went to Sore Thumb several times, but obviously didn't have a pass. I actually want to start fishing now, though.

I think they just opened the beaches the first of this month, has anybody gone yet?
G00SEiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
maloj2003wj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G00SEiv
Is there a one stop website where I can view all this information?

Something official?

Last year I went to Sore Thumb several times, but obviously didn't have a pass. I actually want to start fishing now, though.

I think they just opened the beaches the first of this month, has anybody gone yet?
Read this might help
http://www.nps.gov/gate/planyourvisit/permits.htm
Unread 04-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
switchbender
2009 JK Wrangler 

You can get NYS beach permit at Belmont state park office off of southern state parkway or at Robert Moses park head quarters . I would go to Belmont as there is no access to Robert Moses as of today . The sore thumb is open as of the 1st of april
switchbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
Wrangler44
2012 JK Wrangler 

This is what the pass looks like. Bought it off the southern state parkway like the post above!
image-3546943736.jpg  
Wrangler44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
gojeepgo
1981 CJ7 

I'm pretty sure April 30th was the cut off for buying the pass until after Labor Day. When its available for sale it can be purchased at Belmont Lake SP off the SS Pkwy. Call before making the trip because I'm almost positive its not available for sale right now.
gojeepgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #12
32vld
2005 TJ Wrangler 

May 17 was deadline this year. Had to go to Belmont Lake SP to buy.
32vld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 04:24 AM   #13
1BioJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler44 View Post
This is what the pass looks like. Bought it off the southern state parkway like the post above!
It is dam sad how much it costs for all the permits. Its just cheaper to drive upstate and even better. I am sure there are low cost places in NJ to go too.
1BioJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.