JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   New York Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/)
-   -   Long Island offroad beach pass after sandy (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/long-island-offroad-beach-pass-after-sandy-1498142/)

ArcticDude88 03-23-2013 11:23 PM

Long Island offroad beach pass after sandy

Hey all sorry if this was discussed before but I could not find it! Does anyone know where to purchase the 4x4 beach pass I think it's called the empire pass for Robert mosses and democrat point beaches? I would usaully purchase the pass at the police shack all the way down ocean parkway but that was probably destroyed by the storm. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

32vld 03-30-2013 03:58 PM

Empire pass is to get into the parking lots at the beachs.

You need the permit to get onto the beaches.

There is the state permit for state land and a Suffolk county permit for county land.

Then there is a camp hero permit and a montauk lighthouse permit for those that want to fish over night.

Bethpage State park is the LI regional HQ. Right off the SS PKWY.

maloj2003wj 03-30-2013 04:01 PM

Last year i got the application from the Aviator on flatbush ave in Brooklyn. If i'm not mistaken. But i would call them before you head out there

jbilski 03-31-2013 11:59 AM

I use the Suffolk beach permit. You can go to montauk, Southampton and smiths point (usually) and you can buy it at any of those beaches or west sayville golf course.

G00SEiv 04-01-2013 09:18 PM

From what I understand you need some type of NYS fishing offroad pass, which requires you to have several things in/on your vehicle in order to not get fined. Obviously, fishing poles, a chain/towstrap/rope, a portapotty, jack, spare tire, etc.

What I don't understand is if you ALSO need a fishing license.

Anybody have this stuff?

maloj2003wj 04-02-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G00SEiv
From what I understand you need some type of NYS fishing offroad pass, which requires you to have several things in/on your vehicle in order to not get fined. Obviously, fishing poles, a chain/towstrap/rope, a portapotty, jack, spare tire, etc.

What I don't understand is if you ALSO need a fishing license.

Anybody have this stuff?

Yes you do need to have a fishing license in order to access the beaches. Which reminds me I should renew mine... :(

G00SEiv 04-04-2013 07:28 PM

Is there a one stop website where I can view all this information?

Something official?

Last year I went to Sore Thumb several times, but obviously didn't have a pass. I actually want to start fishing now, though.

I think they just opened the beaches the first of this month, has anybody gone yet?
:cheers2:

maloj2003wj 04-05-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G00SEiv
Is there a one stop website where I can view all this information?

Something official?

Last year I went to Sore Thumb several times, but obviously didn't have a pass. I actually want to start fishing now, though.

I think they just opened the beaches the first of this month, has anybody gone yet?
:cheers2:

Read this might help
http://www.nps.gov/gate/planyourvisit/permits.htm

switchbender 04-06-2013 04:54 PM

You can get NYS beach permit at Belmont state park office off of southern state parkway or at Robert Moses park head quarters . I would go to Belmont as there is no access to Robert Moses as of today . The sore thumb is open as of the 1st of april

Wrangler44 05-21-2013 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what the pass looks like. Bought it off the southern state parkway like the post above!

gojeepgo 05-21-2013 08:04 PM

I'm pretty sure April 30th was the cut off for buying the pass until after Labor Day. When its available for sale it can be purchased at Belmont Lake SP off the SS Pkwy. Call before making the trip because I'm almost positive its not available for sale right now.

32vld 06-01-2013 02:12 PM

May 17 was deadline this year. Had to go to Belmont Lake SP to buy.

1BioJeep 07-02-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler44 (Post 15463535)
This is what the pass looks like. Bought it off the southern state parkway like the post above!

It is dam sad how much it costs for all the permits. Its just cheaper to drive upstate and even better. I am sure there are low cost places in NJ to go too.

The time now is 10:16 AM.