Long Island NY Jeep People.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Long Island NY Jeep People....

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

Long Island NY Jeep People....

Hey!
I have a question about beach wheeling... I know it's hard to fathom considering that we just got 2ft of snow last weekend, but I want to know what I need to do to wheel on the beach? Permits? Passes? What? I'm in Nassau co. And if I have to buy a season pass, where? I believe there's a time deadline so any help will be appreciated!
Thanks!!

LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
BobbySwiz
2009 JK Wrangler 

I've been on LI since 2008...all my beach wheeling I've done hasn't exactly been legal. I do see people out east with some beach stickers but I never looked at the sticker up close. If you have your heart set on beach wheeling than maybe you can find some place to go out here, I personally never think of LI as a place I want to do any offloading...upstate NY is where it's at!

Also, just a heads up, this is the technical board. Your best chance to get better results would be to move topic to another board. Good luck man.
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
LIJeepJC
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySwiz
I've been on LI since 2008...all my beach wheeling I've done hasn't exactly been legal. I do see people out east with some beach stickers but I never looked at the sticker up close. If you have your heart set on beach wheeling than maybe you can find some place to go out here, I personally never think of LI as a place I want to do any offloading...upstate NY is where it's at!

Also, just a heads up, this is the technical board. Your best chance to get better results would be to move topic to another board. Good luck man.
I like to hit a secluded area of the beach and just hang out with the wife and dog...
Where do u go upstate?
LIJeepJC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
BobbySwiz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIJeepJC View Post

I like to hit a secluded area of the beach and just hang out with the wife and dog...
Where do u go upstate?
My buddy has property around margarittville (spelled that wrong), around there.
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
blacklabel9567

I am not 100% but i think what your looking for is called the Empire Pass. http://nysparks.com/admission/empire-passport/
blacklabel9567 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
DerekXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I wheel on the beach non- stop. Im also a fisherman so its not just horsing around. Youre from merrick i see.
What you need to do is take the Southern state to exit 37N
As soon as you turn off the exit, there will be a turn on your right leading into a big open parking lot with an olddddd white building infront of you.
This is where you need to go to get the pass. Its about 65 dollars, unless they raise it aggain this year. and gives you access to a whole bunch of great
spots. This year i assume those spots will be narrowed down a bit due to sandy damage, but none the less its the right way to go. their bagging more and more
people every year going on the beach without passes. I wouldnt advise it.
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
DerekXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Also,

Make sure you air down when you go on the beach. its not a matter of whos truck can and cant make it.....when you dont air down you dig up the tracks that are made that we all travel in REAL deep. Makes a big mess. everyone winds up getting stuck. only takes a couple minutes to air down and is a great excuse to install a badd A$$ OBA setup like i did
Unread 03-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
jbilski
2012 WK 

I've been driving on the beaches on Long Island all my life. The best pass is the Suffolk county outer beach permit. You can go out to smiths point (fishing only this year) shinecock east, montauk (on the sound side) and cedar point. Most have air up stations and most have camping some right on the beach if you have a self contained trailer. The nicest in my opinion is shinecock east.
jbilski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
switchbender
2009 JK Wrangler 

How about a meet up one Friday or saturday at cedar beach after 4 you won't need a pass ( ocean side ) they have a beach hut food and drink and bathrooms . Lets see if we can fill a few parking spaces with jeeps.
switchbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
twitch54

Hitting the trails today around noon let me know if ur Dow to join ...... So far three on the convoy
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.