Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Long Island, NY???

27K views 371 replies 75 participants last post by  182329 
#1 ·
Anyone from Long Island???

#252 ·
This Cold weather stinks. I have a so many things I want to do to my jeep it's just to cold. So I was wondering what plans do you have for your jeep when it warms up. So far on my list:

Sand and paint the frame
Change front and rear diff oil
Change front diff cover
Paint the headlight Bezels
Add a bds 2" lift
Change Headlights
Wash, Claybar and wax

#254 ·
- Fix my front double cardone joint, which will give me back my 4wd
- Driver CV Shaft
- Pass Caliper
- Pass Knuckle
- o2 Sensor

WHEELIN

#260 ·
:wave:Hey There, New to the jeep scene. Moving to Long Island next week from Florida. Can't wait to get out and do some exploring. If I knew it would be this much fun with a jeep I would have bought a long time ago. Will be checking in to find out what there is to do up there. Thanks

#261 ·
Whats up LI Jeeps owners? I need your help. I just replaced my coil springs up front and found a lot rot on the spring seats. I am in need of a HP Dana 30 3.55

I found one in PA but the gas and tolls wont make it worth it. If you or know anyone that has one or a Jeep that you are willing to part out let me know. I'll pay and do the work to rip it out if need be.

Thanks, Bryan

#263 ·
Whats up LI Jeeps owners? I need your help. I just replaced my coil springs up front and found a lot rot on the spring seats. I am in need of a HP Dana 30 3.55

I found one in PA but the gas and tolls wont make it worth it. If you or know anyone that has one or a Jeep that you are willing to part out let me know. I'll pay and do the work to rip it out if need be.

Thanks, Bryan
Check out Mid Island Auto Wreckers in Deer Park, I know they stock jeep parts.

#262 ·
Getting a rig soon, this forum is sick. Can't wait to hit the trails with you guys.

Anyone have any recommendations. I'm looking to buy a 2010 Unlimited Rubicon 6 spd.

Should I do this or buy an X? Does it make sense to even buy the rubicon If i'm gonna replace the parts and mod the **** out of it?
-Serg
Nassau

#264 ·
A Rubicon comes with most of the stuff you want and will install if you buy an X. D44's with electric Lockers, rock sliders, tow hooks and much more. Go for the Rubi.
Check todays paper Securty Dodge in Amityville advertised a 2010 4dr Rubi with nav system, Hard top, and side air bags for $23,400. I was just at Port Jeff Jeep and they wanted $33,000 for the same Jeep. I bet the ONE that security had is gone.

#266 ·
This thread is terrible man. There are no legal spots to wheel on LI do not post up where you go we all know about them and so does the DEC/Police.. It can be a large price to pay if you get caught! and as others stated the DEC doesnt like us as well as atvs.....

#269 ·
Hey,

Just stopping in saying hello, not really new to the forum or wheeling just finally stopped in to see this thread. Trying to find some people to maybe go on some off roading trips with when the weather breaks a little.

I know wheeling on the island sucks but RC aint that far nor is CT for a decent weekend trip.

JFCIII where in PJS are you. Im in PJS myself i just dont feel ive seen your jeep around.

#275 ·
Is anyone going to the American Diabetes Association Jeep event 05/08/2010. Im thinking of going is there anything going on from now to then around here. Do u guys get together and do anything. What jeep clubs are in the area.
One of the better ones that does a LOT of wheeling (but all of that is OFF the island) is Long Island Off Road. They have been around for over 20 years, have a lot of great people, lots of experience and they know where the legal roads are, have access to lots of private land, etc.

LONG ISLAND OFF ROAD CLUB, Inc.

#278 ·
New Guy here

Hi all, just bought an `03 tj sport. completely stock. Planning on going onto the beach at Smiths point. Considering having some work done at RMS in Bohemia, lift, tires and wheels. Any body have any experience with that shop? Or is there a better place on the island? thanks , looking forward to the warm weather.

Phil
Semper Fi :wave:

#279 ·
Hi all, just bought an `03 tj sport. completely stock. Planning on going onto the beach at Smiths point. Considering having some work done at RMS in Bohemia, lift, tires and wheels. Any body have any experience with that shop? Or is there a better place on the island? thanks , looking forward to the warm weather.

Phil
Semper Fi :wave:
Dont waste your time with richie at RMS unless you want to pay top dollar for everything! If you dont spend a million dollars with him hes a total ahole! call Leo at T&T conversions he knows his stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.