Long Island, NY??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Long Island, NY???

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #16
cappykid
1997 TJ Wrangler 

4x4 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFCIII View Post
Capps,

What is the problem and what kind of vehicle.

I'm in Port Jeff Station.
sorry it took so long to get back. i have a 97 wrangler sport. when putting it into 4x4 the shift grinds and makes a bang noise. i think its the shift box. any suggestions.

cappykid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #17
attackcammel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

are you puting it in corectly you need to put the tranny into nutral then yank back on the 4wd stick dont stop in nutral if your going to 4 low and then place the tranny back into drive and take off.

if you need any help im over in centereach just send me a pm and ill see what i can do good luck
attackcammel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 05:48 PM   #18
JFCIII

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Does it grind when you shift on the fly? I am not that sure about a TJ but if it is an auto shouldn't you be in park when shifting to 4wheel Low. I am local if want I will take a look also. PM me.

2006 Rubicon Unlimited 50,000 miles, 6 spd, 2" RC BB 305/70r16 Firestone Destination M/T's on Dick Cepek 16x8's, Clarion DXZ555mp w/ infinity amp and speakers, KC Daylighters, Savvy Front Bumper, Ramsey REP8000, Banks Monster cat back exhaust, IPF H-4 headlights with HIDS.

2000 XJ Limited All Stock.

83 Porsche 928s
JFCIII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #19
Projekt89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Whats up fellow LIers! I just signed up a few minutes ago after browsing this awesome site. I picked up a 89 Wrangler the other day as a beach buggy/winter project. I used to play around with fox body mustangs years ago but haven't picked up a wrench for years. Needless to say I'll probably ask a lot of questions that I'm sure will be easy to answer for you guys but clueless to me
Projekt89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #20
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How much is the beach permit? Do they have air-up stations?

Can't wait for striper season!
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2008, 07:32 AM   #21
Projekt89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
How much is the beach permit? Do they have air-up stations?

Can't wait for striper season!
ME TOO!!! I fished until late November this year landing some quality fish.

The permit is around $50 and well worth it if you like to surf fish. Last year the DEC was issuing heavy fines to non-fisherman sneaking on the beach. Depending where you are there may be air stations. I also have a small compressor in case the air station is down. There's a whole list of stuff they want you to have and if you don't have it when they check your either not getting on the beach or your permit will be canceled.

So I'm thinking about ordering the rough country YJ 4" lift kit. The kit comes with RC Hydro 8000 series shocks but for an extra $100 I could get RC Nitro 9000 shocks. All opinions are greatly appreciated.

Matt
Unread 12-21-2008, 07:42 AM   #22
conifers4
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projekt89 View Post
Whats up fellow LIers! I just signed up a few minutes ago after browsing this awesome site. I picked up a 89 Wrangler the other day as a beach buggy/winter project. I used to play around with fox body mustangs years ago but haven't picked up a wrench for years. Needless to say I'll probably ask a lot of questions that I'm sure will be easy to answer for you guys but clueless to me
Sorry for being late but......welcome
I see in another post your a surf fisherman, I haven't been surf fishing in years but have been thinking about getting back into it.
Unread 12-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #23
Projekt89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the welcome

Surf fishing and 4 wheeling is such a great combo. You should def get back into it, there's no excuse you've got a Jeep and live on LI

I'm a regular over at the Fire Island inlet area.
Unread 12-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #24
JFCIII

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Zj

Welcome Aboard.

2006 Rubicon Unlimited 50,000 miles, 6 spd, 2" RC BB 305/70r16 Firestone Destination M/T's on Dick Cepek 16x8's, Clarion DXZ555mp w/ infinity amp and speakers, KC Daylighters, Savvy Front Bumper, Ramsey REP8000, Banks Monster cat back exhaust, IPF H-4 headlights with HIDS.

83 Porsche 928s
Unread 12-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #25
Projekt89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks bro

I think I've seen you driving around. I live in the Babylon area. Nice Jeep!
Unread 12-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #26
JackedUPzeejay
1996 ZJ 

TTT.

Putting on a IRO 3.5" lift and 31" MT/R re-treads. Cant wait to hit up Rausch Creek in january

whose down?
JackedUPzeejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #27
Projekt89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

I'll be down as long as I get a few warm days to do some work.

Anyone down for a "brew and wrench" I'll put the kegerator outside and well get the job done in style
Unread 12-27-2008, 10:47 PM   #28
JackedUPzeejay
1996 ZJ 

Today was nice. I put on front tow hooks and a hitch with a d-ring recovery shackle
JackedUPzeejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #29
kkchevy3
1991 YJ Wrangler 

im from port jeff. there are some illegallalaall wheeling places like the sandpit that u can go in but who wants to worry about getting caught the whole time
kkchevy3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 07:03 PM   #30
JFCIII

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Have you ever heard of Topping Path and is it a Legal road?

83 Porsche 928s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.