Long Island Jeepers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Long Island Jeepers

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #16
mgdmeyers
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking to wheel

sup boys,
I just moved into the area for work, Patterson to be exact- near 311 and 164, don't know a soul in NY and am looking to do some wheeling/summer joyriding/exploring places of questionable legality. i have an 04 RME with a 2.5" lift/31s, was running Blues at Rausch Creek. Hit me up if anyone is heading out looking for something around that skill level.

2004 TJ RME, 3:73s D30/44, RC 2.5", Factory Alcoas wrapped in 33x12.5 Pro Comp Xterrains spaced 1.5" (3.75" total BS), Smittybuilt stinger, Procomp Rear Bumper, ToughStuff Onboard Air/11 Gal Tank, Skids galore
"Funny coincidence, I just dug a money pit and parked it outside my house."
mgdmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
1BioJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdmeyers View Post
sup boys,
I just moved into the area for work, Patterson to be exact- near 311 and 164, don't know a soul in NY and am looking to do some wheeling/summer joyriding/exploring places of questionable legality. i have an 04 RME with a 2.5" lift/31s, was running Blues at Rausch Creek. Hit me up if anyone is heading out looking for something around that skill level.

I know where u r and I go to the tractor supply there. When driving on 311 I try to see anything that looked liked a trail but I see nothing at all. There must be something close by there.
1BioJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #18
RICEKILA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Out in Edgewood just east of Commack Rd. -offa Pine Aire Dr. in the industral park -- I found a nice trail along the power lines --- I went in about a mile -- a few mud holes ---- not to bad --

Lat:N 40° 46' 48.9255"

Lon:W 73° 17' 39.6382"
RICEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
mgdmeyers
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BioJeep
I know where u r and I go to the tractor supply there. When driving on 311 I try to see anything that looked liked a trail but I see nothing at all. There must be something close by there.
Oh heck yea man... I run a power line right off 311 down toward 84. It's def a good time. There's some tight woods trail networks too. Def hit me up if you're in the area again, love to have someone to roll with.
2004 TJ RME, 3:73s D30/44, RC 2.5", Factory Alcoas wrapped in 33x12.5 Pro Comp Xterrains spaced 1.5" (3.75" total BS), Smittybuilt stinger, Procomp Rear Bumper, ToughStuff Onboard Air/11 Gal Tank, Skids galore
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #20
RICEKILA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conifers4 View Post
Sand, a bit of water...blah blah
Its Lon Guyland

Every so often theres a rock or two --- old tires and rims in the deeper puddles are always nice
RICEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #21
1BioJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdmeyers View Post

Oh heck yea man... I run a power line right off 311 down toward 84. It's def a good time. There's some tight woods trail networks too. Def hit me up if you're in the area again, love to have someone to roll with.
I was just up there saturday ! Hit OCC for food. Saw powerlines by 84 and 87 from 87. Drove 17 looking for clues to check out.
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #22
mgdmeyers
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Haha yea there's def some cool spots!
Unread 10-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #23
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

weekly Jeep meet at Mothers Pub in Holbrook tonight at 7!
SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
SmokeorfireA7X

Can someone recommend a good place to go off roading for someone that's never gone before in the Suffolk area? I have an all stock GCL so nothing too insane.
SmokeorfireA7X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
steveandhiswj
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeorfireA7X
Can someone recommend a good place to go off roading for someone that's never gone before in the Suffolk area? I have an all stock GCL so nothing too insane.
If the cookie factory was still open it would of been a great spot that's where I went and got around stock but sadly the entrance is fenced up
steveandhiswj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
1BioJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveandhiswj View Post

If the cookie factory was still open it would of been a great spot that's where I went and got around stock but sadly the entrance is fenced up
Where is this cookie factory?
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #27
steveandhiswj
2002 WJ 

In islip

Where is this cookie factory?[/QUOTE]
Unread 10-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #28
steveandhiswj
2002 WJ 

image-1612131771.jpg

This is the after math of a night wheeling there
Unread 10-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #29
SmokeorfireA7X

Looks like fun, shame it closed though, nowhere else relatively close you know of?
SmokeorfireA7X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #30
steveandhiswj
2002 WJ 

Where are you located ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.