Jeepers at SUNY Maritime - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Jeepers at SUNY Maritime

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #76
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 365
Ok bad news. Just talked to Arianne Romeo, she said that insurance probably will not cover the club because student will be taking there own vehicles. She is going to double check for me but she says it probably can't be school sponsored. This does not mean we cannot haves club, it only means the school will not sponsor/fund it. We can have a club, set up our own page, say on Facebook, and still go on trips and get group rates at offroad parks.

__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #77
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
Ok bad news. Just talked to Arianne Romeo, she said that insurance probably will not cover the club because student will be taking there own vehicles. She is going to double check for me but she says it probably can't be school sponsored. This does not mean we cannot haves club, it only means the school will not sponsor/fund it. We can have a club, set up our own page, say on Facebook, and still go on trips and get group rates at offroad parks.
That sucks and is stupid. She said, "probably." So does that mean she's going to check though? What if we don't call it an offroading club, just a Jeep club or something.
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #78
marzcap328
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 288
There's got to be someway to work it where we function as a club in regards to meetings and talking and what not, and offroading as a group if you understand what I mean.
__________________
93 YJ, Black on White
United States Navy

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/17-year-old-dream-1146581/"]Build Thread- 17 Year Old Dream[/URL]
marzcap328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #79
jeeper-chris14
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA
Posts: 115
have you talked to turtora about being a faculty adviser? If not get me some details and I wouldn't mind asking him.
__________________
2008 JKU Rubicon 4inch lift
1996 ZJ 4" jy lift, 30" general grabber A/T- Sold
1984 CJ7 Stock-Solc
jeeper-chris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #80
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326

That sucks and is stupid. She said, "probably." So does that mean she's going to check though? What if we don't call it an offroading club, just a Jeep club or something.
Yeah she is going to look into it but it probably won't happen. When he emails me back I will ask about it being a jeep fan club or something like that.
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #81
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzcap328 View Post
There's got to be someway to work it where we function as a club in regards to meetings and talking and what not, and offroading as a group if you understand what I mean.
Well the ideal thing is to get the $ from the school to pay for things like Rausch Creek, so if we can't go wheeling as a school club, then whats the point of even being an official club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper-chris14 View Post
have you talked to turtora about being a faculty adviser? If not get me some details and I wouldn't mind asking him.
I haven't, and I won't be there until Monday. Idk if we should talk to him yet since as of right now we don't even know what the club will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
Yeah she is going to look into it but it probably won't happen. When he emails me back I will ask about it being a jeep fan club or something like that.
This is very disappointing. We gotta figure out a way around it. I'd be willing to call up the insurance company and argue with them. We could offer to sign waivers saying we wouldn't try to claim any damage to our vehicles, and basically say that the insurance company would be getting money from the school with no risk of having to pay out anything. We all have car insurance and health insurance, so idk what the issue is.
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #82
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326
This is very disappointing. We gotta figure out a way around it. I'd be willing to call up the insurance company and argue with them. We could offer to sign waivers saying we wouldn't try to claim any damage to our vehicles, and basically say that the insurance company would be getting money from the school with no risk of having to pay out anything. We all have car insurance and health insurance, so idk what the issue is.
If that works it would be awesome. I'm still waiting on an email
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #83
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
If that works it would be awesome. I'm still waiting on an email
From who?
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #84
marzcap328
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 288
Are we all going to be around Tuesday night?
__________________
93 YJ, Black on White
United States Navy

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/17-year-old-dream-1146581/"]Build Thread- 17 Year Old Dream[/URL]
marzcap328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #85
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by marzcap328 View Post
Are we all going to be around Tuesday night?
I'm in
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #86
Nmusto211
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326 View Post
This is very disappointing. We gotta figure out a way around it. I'd be willing to call up the insurance company and argue with them. We could offer to sign waivers saying we wouldn't try to claim any damage to our vehicles, and basically say that the insurance company would be getting money from the school with no risk of having to pay out anything. We all have car insurance and health insurance, so idk what the issue is.
Thats what i was thinking, im sure the schools main concern would be paying for big damages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzcap328 View Post
Are we all going to be around Tuesday night?
yeah ill be there
Nmusto211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #87
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326

From who?
The lady in charge.
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #88
jeeper-chris14
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA
Posts: 115
Tuesday, when and where so I can spread word my friends
__________________
2008 JKU Rubicon 4inch lift
1996 ZJ 4" jy lift, 30" general grabber A/T- Sold
1984 CJ7 Stock-Solc
jeeper-chris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #89
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
The lady in charge.
Arianne Romeo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper-chris14 View Post
Tuesday, when and where so I can spread word my friends
I don't think we've decided. How does 7:30 at the parking lot at the point, across from the fort sound? Unless its raining...
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #90
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326

Arianne Romeo?

I don't think we've decided. How does 7:30 at the parking lot at the point, across from the fort sound? Unless its raining...
Yup
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.