Jeepers at SUNY Maritime - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Jeepers at SUNY Maritime

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 09-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #61
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzcap328 View Post
Hey all. Sophomore civi not without my YJ on campus but I only live 30 miles away. I don't do much rough wheeling (Go ahead and laugh JStone), I'm mostly a beach runner, but still very interested. Even if we talk parts and mods and offroading I think this is a great idea. My only concern is the school won't like the idea of "offroading." In New York, or at least Long Island offroading tends to carry an illegal and destructive tone to it. We'll see how it goes though. Any help I can be let me know, I'm on campus from Sunday night through Thursday evening.
I did laugh lol. I talked to them about it last fall, and they weren't against it, the only problem was whether their insurance for clubs would accept it. But we'll just hope so. And we still need a faculty advisor

Unread 09-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #62
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey all. Sophomore civi not without my YJ on campus but I only live 30 miles away. I don't do much rough wheeling (Go ahead and laugh JStone), I'm mostly a beach runner, but still very interested. Even if we talk parts and mods and offroading I think this is a great idea. My only concern is the school won't like the idea of "offroading." In New York, or at least Long Island offroading tends to carry an illegal and destructive tone to it. We'll see how it goes though. Any help I can be let me know, I'm on campus from Sunday night through Thursday evening.
Whats up man. We will make you wheel hard don't worry. I have a legal place we can possibly go to about and hour north. This depends if my buddy minds me bringing people up but I'm sure he wont have a problem with it. There are also a few more that I cant think about off the top of my head.

When we bring this up to them we need to preach Tread Lightly and if we possibly do a beach cleanup or something of that nature to show that we are not about destroying the environment. I am hoping that those things will change there mind.
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #63
jeeper-chris14
2008 JK Wrangler 

What exactly is the role of the faculty adviser? Do they have to take part, or just someone there for 'support'?
jeeper-chris14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #64
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
Whats up man. We will make you wheel hard don't worry. I have a legal place we can possibly go to about and hour north. This depends if my buddy minds me bringing people up but I'm sure he wont have a problem with it. There are also a few more that I cant think about off the top of my head.

When we bring this up to them we need to preach Tread Lightly and if we possibly do a beach cleanup or something of that nature to show that we are not about destroying the environment. I am hoping that those things will change there mind.
Nah, he's afraid to scratch his paint.

But that is a good idea, doing a cleanup
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #65
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper-chris14 View Post
What exactly is the role of the faculty adviser? Do they have to take part, or just someone there for 'support'?
We'll have to find out for sure, but I heard that for day trips they don't necessarily need to come. But they have to be there for overnight trips. Which is why it would be good if we could get a real chill faculty member.
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #66
marzcap328
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Because I work very hard to keep that paint nice lol. And yes. Tread Lightly must be a cornerstone, even if that isn't our "true" focus. To be completely honest we don't wanna tear sh*t up anyway.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/17-year-old-dream-1146581/"]Build Thread- 17 Year Old Dream[/URL]
marzcap328 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #67
marzcap328
1993 YJ Wrangler 

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/17-year-old-dream-1146581/"]Build Thread- 17 Year Old Dream[/URL]
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #68
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Because I work very hard to keep that paint nice lol.
Yeahhh, about that...

Quote:
Because I work very hard to keep that paint nice lol. And yes. Tread Lightly must be a cornerstone, even if that isn't our "true" focus. To be completely honest we don't wanna tear sh*t up anyway.
Definitely. Obviously we should "Tread Lightly," but I for one don't make a big deal about it. I just don't act like an idiot. But it would be good to make it be a big point. Say that part of the reason for making this club to encourage people to wheel legally and Tread Lightly
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #69
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I missed the Jeep in that one for a sec
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #70
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Who put that fishing pole in the way! lol but you really need to take that in the trail. You don't need to beat it like a red headed step child, but you do need to put it through its paces.
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #71
marzcap328
1993 YJ Wrangler 

BTW that's my gf of 3 years...
I got her muddy once. Sand is a lot easier to clean

Unread 09-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #72
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
All in good fun my friend. Just tell her mud helps the skin or something like that.
Unread 09-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #73
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You got the Jeep muddy once? Or your GF?
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #74
marzcap328
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Oh ya know! Haha.
The Jeep. So who's going to take the lead and head down to Student Life with this?

Unread 09-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #75
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzcap328
Oh ya know! Haha.
The Jeep. So who's going to take the lead and head down to Student Life with this?
I've been going down but every time I go the lady is busy. I'm m going to stop by again in like 10 minutes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.