Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jeepers at SUNY Maritime

15K views 211 replies 12 participants last post by  Bear94 
#1 ·
I'm a freshman here at Maritime so I don't have my jeep here with me but I see a bunch around with Jeepforum stickers. Just trying to see who is here maybe meet up some time and go wheeling or start a wheeling club here on campus.

#5 ·
jstone326 said:
Yo. I just met you today. I'm def in. I'll spread the word where I can. I know a couple people who would prob be in.
Sounds good to me. I'm gonna make a small flyer to put under people's windshield wiper. There are so many jeeps and other types of offroad vehicles on campus. If you are free at all on thursday want to meet up and start drafting this constitution we have to right for the club?

#6 ·
When I was looking into starting a club last year, I was told that I was definitely not allowed to put flyers on people's vehicles. That's considered advertising or something, and is not allowed. You are however allowed to put up flyers on every inch of interior wall and door space.

#7 ·
jstone326 said:
When I was looking into starting a club last year, I was told that I was definitely not allowed to put flyers on people's vehicles. That's considered advertising or something, and is not allowed. You are however allowed to put up flyers on every inch of interior wall and door space.
Well I wasnt really thinking of a flyer, more like a bye saying that the club was starting up.

#8 ·
I mean it can't hurt to try if it's pretty discrete, as in the dean won't notice it on all the cars. I think you're just not supposed to be soliciting. I don't care, I just don't want you to get in trouble before this even gets off the ground. You haven't been at Maritime long. They're hard as5es here.

#9 ·
jstone326 said:
I mean it can't hurt to try if it's pretty discrete, as in the dean won't notice it on all the cars. I think you're just not supposed to be soliciting. I don't care, I just don't want you to get in trouble before this even gets off the ground. You haven't been at Maritime long. They're hard as5es here.
Yeah I heard. I'm thinking some among the lines of " Hey nice jeep/whatever vehicle. Thinking of starting an off roading club on campus shoot me a text if you are interested. ###-###-####" I don't see that as advertising, more trying to get in touch with someone who has a nice rig. This beig hand written of course.

#10 ·
Yeah that would probably be okay, and would be a good way to get in touch people. Check the weather, so you don't put on pieces of paper right before it rains.

Also, putting up fliers around the school in addition would be good for people like you who don't have their rigs on campus.

#12 ·
jstone326 said:
Yeah that would probably be okay, and would be a good way to get in touch people. Check the weather, so you don't put on pieces of paper right before it rains.

Also, putting up fliers around the school in addition would be good for people like you who don't have their rigs on campus.
Yup I'll do both. I'll go around Thursday as I am free all day till 3. Can't see your sig on my phone. Will Check I on my conp in Alittle bit.

#15 ·
Yeah, he said his truck needs some work before he can wheel it, but I'm sure he'd at least sign up so. Also, I just asked another kid with a YJ (not on campus) and he said he's definitely down. So 3 more. Which I'm sure won't be hard to get considering the amount of people that have Jeeps. It seems like every other person I meet here has a Jeep at home. And most of the kids that go here live fairly close.

I know another kid who has an Xterra i think. Idk if he'd wheel it, but he'd at least sign up for the club.

#18 ·
jstone326 said:
Yeah, that thing is sick. How about that XJ with the roof rack and the hi-lift and shovel on it. THere's def potential for this club, barring the school screwing us over
Yup. There is also the 2 WJs and the 1 ZJ plus all of the wranglers. Lol lets just hope the school likes the idea. We can say stuff about tread lightly and stuff to get there attention.

#21 ·
Were almost there. There is 2 including me right now.Who do you have so far so I don't go and ask them again? lol tomorrow morning I will go and talk to the person in charge at student life to see if this will be approved.

#23 ·
This is awesome, after seeing all of the lifted jeeps here I figured their was an Offroad club of some sort. Anyway, just picked up my 99 tj 4" longarm 1" body lift on 35's. Seeing as I am a freshman and don't have it on campus I'd have no problem meeting somewhere on the weekends to wheel. I also know of a few other freshmen in my section (3) that would love to join this. Keep me posted and I'll spread the word. Thanks, Alex

#27 ·
This is gonna be good. If you talk to anyone with a jeep or Any type of vehicle they take wheeling direct them to this thread. There will definitely be enough interest now. Also try to find a teacher or a staff member that enjoys wheeling we need a faculty advisor.

#29 ·
Nice Jeep dude! Jeeps shouldn't be clean :)

As far as faculty advisor, I know Tutora has a Jeep that he built up. He said, he doesn't go wheeling too much anymore though. I had him, so I can talk to him if you want. Idk if he'd be interested though. First I think we should run it by student life to see if its possible. Then we can organize, then approach Tutora with our plan, and then if all goes well, we can formally apply as a club.

#30 ·
jstone326 said:
Nice Jeep dude! Jeeps shouldn't be clean :)

As far as faculty advisor, I know Tutora has a Jeep that he built up. He said, he doesn't go wheeling too much anymore though. I had him, so I can talk to him if you want. Idk if he'd be interested though. First I think we should run it by student life to see if its possible. Then we can organize, then approach Tutora with our plan, and then if all goes well, we can formally apply as a club.
That could work but it would be niceties approach him to seeing he would be interested of it all worked out. Have someone ready to be the advisor to how student life that it's possible.

#31 ·
Maybe. Can't hurt I guess. But knowing him, he wouldn't give an answer until he knows exactly what's gonna happen, and what will be required of him. I'll talk to him tomorrow if I get out of any classes early, and if I happen to catch him. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen him at all this semester. I'll see what I can do.

#32 ·
jstone326 said:
Maybe. Can't hurt I guess. But knowing him, he wouldn't give an answer until he knows exactly what's gonna happen, and what will be required of him. I'll talk to him tomorrow if I get out of any classes early, and if I happen to catch him. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen him at all this semester. I'll see what I can do.
Sounds good to me. Is there any other teachers toucan think if? Or just him?

#40 ·
JeepsterAl said:
Thanks for the jeep compliments, and is their any way we could all just meet up somewhere before this becomes an actual club? Just so we can actually meet each other?
jstone326 said:
I'm down for that. I wouldn't be able to until next week though. Maybe Tuesday evening?
Of course. Tuesday might work. How late you thinking? I probably have football till around 7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.