Jeepers at SUNY Maritime - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Jeepers at SUNY Maritime

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #196
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

ANNOUNCEMENT OF OFFICERS

So we decided on temporary officers while we try to get this club approved. Once that happens, we'll have an election per the Constitution and By-Laws. But for now we just need to work on getting this off the ground.

President: Me (Jake)
VP's: Ron and Kenny

Secretary, Treasurer and Safety Officer will be elected once the club is approved. I don't think they are necessary right now.

Obviously, we still want suggestions, comments, concerns etc. from everyone.

Unread 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #197
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Meeting tomorrow. But for Alittle change of pace we are having a 4x4 show(and tell). Anyone with that had there vehicle on campus bring it. We will either be meeting under the bridge at the top of the hill or over by the fort at 6(not 7). Official announcement of location will be made tomorrow Between 2 or 3.

EDIT: Just remembered, I have to register for classes at 6 so I will be there at around 6:30 hopefully.
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #198
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Meeting tonight will be by the fort at 6:00. I know all the Freshman have to register at 6, so come when you can. I'm sure some of us will be there for a while BSing
Unread 11-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #199
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The sub-forum on NYC Jeep Club forum is now private to us only. So all that means is, if you join (which you should), you have to go to Profile, Modify Profile, Group Membership and then select Maritime Offroading Club in order to see it. Also if you set up notifications in your account, you can go to the maritime offroading club page, click notify, and it will subscribe you to the forum, so when a new thread is posted it will email you. For some reason it doesn't work for posts though like the other forums.
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #200
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just checked, you can't even see the Maritime group on NYC Jeeps unless you register
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #201
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

CLUB APPROVAL UPDATE

Ms. Romeo reviewed our Constitution and By-Laws, and said it looked good. The next step is getting approval from the insurance co. The thing is, they are in the process of being bought out and therefore aren't taking any applications until december at the earliest. Which means we wouldn't hear anything until January at the earliest. So we wait. Some more lol
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #202
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

A few of us are gonna try to make it down to the NYC Jeep Club's meet and greet this Friday at the Home Depot in Queens. It'd be cool if as many of us as possible can go. Let me know if you want to go, and we can arrange to convoy there.
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #203
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326
A few of us are gonna try to make it down to the NYC Jeep Club's meet and greet this Friday at the Home Depot in Queens. It'd be cool if as many of us as possible can go. Let me know if you want to go, and we can arrange to convoy there.
I'm going home or else I would ride along with someone.
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #204
Nmusto211
2008 JK Wrangler 

i have some Marine Corps things to take care of in the morning, if i can get my jeep here after that i'll go
Nmusto211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #205
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
I'm going home or else I would ride along with someone.
lame
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #206
jeeper-chris14
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'll be there, are you thinking of meeting here then convoying to the home depot? Also, I won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight, I have to work the basketball game.
jeeper-chris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #207
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper-chris14
I'll be there, are you thinking of meeting here then convoying to the home depot? Also, I won't be able to make it to the meeting tonight, I have to work the basketball game.
I also won't be at the meeting tonight. I have a football meeting at 7.
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #208
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper-chris14 View Post
I don't have class on Fridays, so I'd be coming from Westchester, so it'd be a lot easier for me to go straight there, but not a big deal to come here first. Lets see who else is going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
I also won't be at the meeting tonight. I have a football meeting at 7.
Aight, lets forget the meeting for tonight and next week. Not much point now. We'll pick it up again next semester
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #209
holdfast
2004 WJ 

hey folks, my name is Amos, Kings Point class of 2012.
Happened across your club page while browsing.
I started an offroad club during my senior year at Kings Point, it's not an actual KP club, but a regular old offroad club with no school affiliation. What started off as Kings Pointers and one or two buddys in NJ has turned into over 120 members who meet on average once a month near Mahwah, NJ to wheel. We do rocks, mud, trails, usually meet on a sunday around noon and wheel for several hours. Its about an hour drive form KP so maybe just slightly longer from SUNY Maritime. If you would like the contact info i can have one of my guys send you an invite to our clubs FB page and you can check them out. Currently in the Pacific so I am not around, but they are all good guys, Xj's, WJ'S TJ's and YJ's plus a few other odd trucks and SUV's. My email is Amos.London.CIV@ake9.navy.mil just shoot me a message if you are interested. Good luck with your insurance company approval. If it doesn't work out I am sure they will have no problem with you guys joining up with NJKP Trail Kings.
[CENTER]2004 WJ, V8, Zone 4" Lift, Teneco Steering Stabilizer w/ IRO relocation kit, IRO Front Upper Adjustable Control Arms, Zone Front and Rear Sway Bar Links, 265/70 R16 Mickey Thompson STZs, 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Cobra 19 CB[/CENTER]
holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #210
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdfast View Post
hey folks, my name is Amos, Kings Point class of 2012.
Happened across your club page while browsing.
I started an offroad club during my senior year at Kings Point, it's not an actual KP club, but a regular old offroad club with no school affiliation. What started off as Kings Pointers and one or two buddys in NJ has turned into over 120 members who meet on average once a month near Mahwah, NJ to wheel. We do rocks, mud, trails, usually meet on a sunday around noon and wheel for several hours. Its about an hour drive form KP so maybe just slightly longer from SUNY Maritime. If you would like the contact info i can have one of my guys send you an invite to our clubs FB page and you can check them out. Currently in the Pacific so I am not around, but they are all good guys, Xj's, WJ'S TJ's and YJ's plus a few other odd trucks and SUV's. My email is Amos.London.CIV@ake9.navy.mil just shoot me a message if you are interested. Good luck with your insurance company approval. If it doesn't work out I am sure they will have no problem with you guys joining up with NJKP Trail Kings.
Hey man, thanks for the heads up/invite. We actually basically failed with the insurance, because on their short black list of activities was "Offroad Activities." So basically we're doing the same thing, and have an unofficial club.

I've been going to Mahwah with my buddies for a while, and come summer will definitely be going again pretty often.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.