Jeepers at SUNY Maritime - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Jeepers at SUNY Maritime

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #166
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper-chris14 View Post
yeah i have access to a machine, only a mounter though he doesnt have a balancer.... thats good with the progress, maybe just make a waiver that members would have to sign saying that the school nor club is responsible for damage to vehicles?
Yeah I suggested that. We have to make a solid Constitution and By-Laws, submit that to the Insurance Company and see what they say. We'll have to come up with solutions specific to the problems they have.

One step at a time. I have a feeling this is going to be a slow process. Apparently the Grappling Club took a year for the insurance to approve them.

Unread 10-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #167
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper-chris14
yeah i have access to a machine, only a mounter though he doesnt have a balancer.... thats good with the progress, maybe just make a waiver that members would have to sign saying that the school nor club is responsible for damage to vehicles?
Check out dyna beads for balancing. And we suggested that in the meeting at it is a possibility. We will start the constitution tomorrow and hopefully have it finished by the end of the week.
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #168
Danny915
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Where are you guys looking to go wheeling...I'm the white and black yj that looks like a panda lol
Unread 10-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #169
jeeper-chris14
2008 JK Wrangler 

I won't make it tonight... But yeah, I dumped a bunch of air soft pellets in the tires, so well see. Got them mounted but two of the beads didn't seal, so I'm going to buy some sealant
jeeper-chris14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #170
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the Constitution and by-laws as it is right now. It's in progress, right now it's basically just notes and thoughts based on looking at some of the other club's constitutions. Anyone should be able to comment on it, so feel free to do so.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1..._egCTDuVM/edit
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #171
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Can someone repost that link ^^^ on facebook?

And I was just thinking about changing the name to Maritime OHV Club. OHV standing for Off Highway Vehicle. (That's what they call them out west where there is actually public land that is designated for "OHV" use)
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #172
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326
Can someone repost that link ^^^ on facebook?

And I was just thinking about changing the name to Maritime OHV Club. OHV standing for Off Highway Vehicle. (That's what they call them out west where there is actually public land that is designated for "OHV" use)
I like the sound of that. Only problem Is a lot of people don't know what OHV means. Buy that could also be a blessing to help get it approves.
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #173
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
I like the sound of that. Only problem Is a lot of people don't know what OHV means. Buy that could also be a blessing to help get it approves.
Exactly why I was thinking it may be a good idea. On our fliers and stuff, we say that's it's for offroading, but in our Constitution, we call it OHV and can maybe site examples of government run OHV parks in other states so they can see this is legit
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #174
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Exactly why I was thinking it may be a good idea. On our fliers and stuff, we say that's it's for offroading, but in our Constitution, we call it OHV and can maybe site examples of government run OHV parks in other states so they can see this is legit
That will be perfect. This will also work for the term paper I am righting for English.
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #175
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny915 View Post
Where are you guys looking to go wheeling...I'm the white and black yj that looks like a panda lol
Rausch creek, Local places that are legal, private land.
Unread 10-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #176
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326 View Post
I was just writing part of my paper and I thought of one potential problem with OHV... It can also mean ATV and such. This really isn't much of a problem with me(I also ride ATVs) but it can cut down on Funds and split trips up.
Unread 10-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #177
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
I was just writing part of my paper and I thought of one potential problem with OHV... It can also mean ATV and such. This really isn't much of a problem with me(I also ride ATVs) but it can cut down on Funds and split trips up.
Well if we say in the constitution that all vehicles must be street legal and insured, that takes care of that
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #178
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Well if we say in the constitution that all vehicles must be street legal and insured, that takes care of that
That is true.
Unread 10-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #179
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Meeting tonight 7:00 in the TIV.

We're gonna continuing working on the Constitution and By-Laws
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #180
jstone326

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I just spent the last few hours working on the Constitution and By-Laws. I took a lot of stuff from the California OHV Laws, Hudson Valley 4x4 By-Laws and membership rules, LIOR By-Laws, Rausch Creek rules etc. I think I have a good first draft to submit to Ms. Romeo. Below is the link to it on Google Drive. Anyone should be able to see it and comment on it with that link. Feel free to do so and make suggestions. I won't send it to Ms. Romeo until after our next Tuesday meeting. We'll go over it then and hopefully get it ready to send out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1..._egCTDuVM/edit

Someone please repost this on the facebook page. thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.