Jeepers at SUNY Maritime - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Jeepers at SUNY Maritime

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Reply
Unread 09-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 364
Jeepers at SUNY Maritime

I'm a freshman here at Maritime so I don't have my jeep here with me but I see a bunch around with Jeepforum stickers. Just trying to see who is here maybe meet up some time and go wheeling or start a wheeling club here on campus.

Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Nmusto211
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Posts: 15
hey man. keep me up to date on that club. id definitely join up next year when i can bring my jeep.
Nmusto211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 364
Will do. Just picked up the book of rules and regs. Need to spread the word around campus now.
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Yo. I just met you today. I'm def in. I'll spread the word where I can. I know a couple people who would prob be in.
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326
Yo. I just met you today. I'm def in. I'll spread the word where I can. I know a couple people who would prob be in.
Sounds good to me. I'm gonna make a small flyer to put under people's windshield wiper. There are so many jeeps and other types of offroad vehicles on campus. If you are free at all on thursday want to meet up and start drafting this constitution we have to right for the club?
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
When I was looking into starting a club last year, I was told that I was definitely not allowed to put flyers on people's vehicles. That's considered advertising or something, and is not allowed. You are however allowed to put up flyers on every inch of interior wall and door space.
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326
When I was looking into starting a club last year, I was told that I was definitely not allowed to put flyers on people's vehicles. That's considered advertising or something, and is not allowed. You are however allowed to put up flyers on every inch of interior wall and door space.
Well I wasnt really thinking of a flyer, more like a bye saying that the club was starting up.
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
Well I wasnt really thinking of a flyer, more like a bye saying that the club was starting up.
I mean it can't hurt to try if it's pretty discrete, as in the dean won't notice it on all the cars. I think you're just not supposed to be soliciting. I don't care, I just don't want you to get in trouble before this even gets off the ground. You haven't been at Maritime long. They're hard as5es here.
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326

I mean it can't hurt to try if it's pretty discrete, as in the dean won't notice it on all the cars. I think you're just not supposed to be soliciting. I don't care, I just don't want you to get in trouble before this even gets off the ground. You haven't been at Maritime long. They're hard as5es here.
Yeah I heard. I'm thinking some among the lines of " Hey nice jeep/whatever vehicle. Thinking of starting an off roading club on campus shoot me a text if you are interested. ###-###-####" I don't see that as advertising, more trying to get in touch with someone who has a nice rig. This beig hand written of course.
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #10
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
Yeah I heard. I'm thinking some among the lines of " Hey nice jeep/whatever vehicle. Thinking of starting an off roading club on campus shoot me a text if you are interested. ###-###-####" I don't see that as advertising, more trying to get in touch with someone who has a nice rig. This beig hand written of course.
Yeah that would probably be okay, and would be a good way to get in touch people. Check the weather, so you don't put on pieces of paper right before it rains.

Also, putting up fliers around the school in addition would be good for people like you who don't have their rigs on campus.
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #11
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
And check out my new signature
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #12
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone326

Yeah that would probably be okay, and would be a good way to get in touch people. Check the weather, so you don't put on pieces of paper right before it rains.

Also, putting up fliers around the school in addition would be good for people like you who don't have their rigs on campus.
Yup I'll do both. I'll go around Thursday as I am free all day till 3. Can't see your sig on my phone. Will Check I on my conp in Alittle bit.
__________________
Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
Yup I'll do both. I'll go around Thursday as I am free all day till 3.
Word. Sounds good!
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
Bear94
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Monroe, NY
Posts: 364
Your buddy with the ford Stepside is also in right? If so that's 4 and we will only need 4 more and we can really get this going.
Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #15
jstone326
Member
 
jstone326's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Westchester Cty, NY
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear94 View Post
Your buddy with the ford Stepside is also in right? If so that's 4 and we will only need 4 more and we can really get this going.
Yeah, he said his truck needs some work before he can wheel it, but I'm sure he'd at least sign up so. Also, I just asked another kid with a YJ (not on campus) and he said he's definitely down. So 3 more. Which I'm sure won't be hard to get considering the amount of people that have Jeeps. It seems like every other person I meet here has a Jeep at home. And most of the kids that go here live fairly close.

I know another kid who has an Xterra i think. Idk if he'd wheel it, but he'd at least sign up for the club.
__________________
SUNY MARITIME Jeepers- Check this out: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/...itime-1415718/
jstone326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.