JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   New York Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/)
-   -   Jeepers at SUNY Maritime (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/jeepers-suny-maritime-1415718/)

Bear94 09-10-2012 02:24 PM

Jeepers at SUNY Maritime
 
I'm a freshman here at Maritime so I don't have my jeep here with me but I see a bunch around with Jeepforum stickers. Just trying to see who is here maybe meet up some time and go wheeling or start a wheeling club here on campus.

Nmusto211 09-11-2012 11:52 AM

hey man. keep me up to date on that club. id definitely join up next year when i can bring my jeep.

Bear94 09-11-2012 12:09 PM

Will do. Just picked up the book of rules and regs. Need to spread the word around campus now.

jstone326 09-11-2012 01:02 PM

Yo. I just met you today. I'm def in. I'll spread the word where I can. I know a couple people who would prob be in.

Bear94 09-11-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstone326
Yo. I just met you today. I'm def in. I'll spread the word where I can. I know a couple people who would prob be in.

Sounds good to me. I'm gonna make a small flyer to put under people's windshield wiper. There are so many jeeps and other types of offroad vehicles on campus. If you are free at all on thursday want to meet up and start drafting this constitution we have to right for the club?

jstone326 09-11-2012 03:41 PM

When I was looking into starting a club last year, I was told that I was definitely not allowed to put flyers on people's vehicles. That's considered advertising or something, and is not allowed. You are however allowed to put up flyers on every inch of interior wall and door space.

Bear94 09-11-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstone326
When I was looking into starting a club last year, I was told that I was definitely not allowed to put flyers on people's vehicles. That's considered advertising or something, and is not allowed. You are however allowed to put up flyers on every inch of interior wall and door space.

Well I wasnt really thinking of a flyer, more like a bye saying that the club was starting up.

jstone326 09-11-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear94 (Post 14154014)
Well I wasnt really thinking of a flyer, more like a bye saying that the club was starting up.

I mean it can't hurt to try if it's pretty discrete, as in the dean won't notice it on all the cars. I think you're just not supposed to be soliciting. I don't care, I just don't want you to get in trouble before this even gets off the ground. You haven't been at Maritime long. They're hard as5es here.

Bear94 09-11-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstone326

I mean it can't hurt to try if it's pretty discrete, as in the dean won't notice it on all the cars. I think you're just not supposed to be soliciting. I don't care, I just don't want you to get in trouble before this even gets off the ground. You haven't been at Maritime long. They're hard as5es here.

Yeah I heard. I'm thinking some among the lines of " Hey nice jeep/whatever vehicle. Thinking of starting an off roading club on campus shoot me a text if you are interested. ###-###-####" I don't see that as advertising, more trying to get in touch with someone who has a nice rig. This beig hand written of course.

jstone326 09-11-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear94 (Post 14154101)
Yeah I heard. I'm thinking some among the lines of " Hey nice jeep/whatever vehicle. Thinking of starting an off roading club on campus shoot me a text if you are interested. ###-###-####" I don't see that as advertising, more trying to get in touch with someone who has a nice rig. This beig hand written of course.

Yeah that would probably be okay, and would be a good way to get in touch people. Check the weather, so you don't put on pieces of paper right before it rains.

Also, putting up fliers around the school in addition would be good for people like you who don't have their rigs on campus.

jstone326 09-11-2012 06:02 PM

And check out my new signature :banana:

Bear94 09-11-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstone326

Yeah that would probably be okay, and would be a good way to get in touch people. Check the weather, so you don't put on pieces of paper right before it rains.

Also, putting up fliers around the school in addition would be good for people like you who don't have their rigs on campus.

Yup I'll do both. I'll go around Thursday as I am free all day till 3. Can't see your sig on my phone. Will Check I on my conp in Alittle bit.

jstone326 09-11-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear94 (Post 14154185)
Yup I'll do both. I'll go around Thursday as I am free all day till 3.

Word. Sounds good!

Bear94 09-12-2012 07:54 AM

Your buddy with the ford Stepside is also in right? If so that's 4 and we will only need 4 more and we can really get this going.

jstone326 09-12-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear94 (Post 14156185)
Your buddy with the ford Stepside is also in right? If so that's 4 and we will only need 4 more and we can really get this going.

Yeah, he said his truck needs some work before he can wheel it, but I'm sure he'd at least sign up so. Also, I just asked another kid with a YJ (not on campus) and he said he's definitely down. So 3 more. Which I'm sure won't be hard to get considering the amount of people that have Jeeps. It seems like every other person I meet here has a Jeep at home. And most of the kids that go here live fairly close.

I know another kid who has an Xterra i think. Idk if he'd wheel it, but he'd at least sign up for the club.


The time now is 08:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.