Hudson Valley - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Hudson Valley

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #781
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I may be out of commision for a while. Switching over to the 8.8 with lockers and spring over .It all depends how fast i gather the parts. So far have I the 4.10 R & P and calipers and rotors

I will be up for road trips soon

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #782
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

you lucky guy! I'm leaning toward an 8.8 swap, or going full blown with a 14 bolt rear, dana 60 front... I have a couple phone calls to make before I decide. I also need to buy a beater car so I don't have to worry about tearing my Jeep apart.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #783
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2 View Post
I may be out of commision for a while. Switching over to the 8.8 with lockers and spring over .It all depends how fast i gather the parts. So far have I the 4.10 R & P and calipers and rotors

Oh and I also have the 8.8 already welded for SOA
Yes I am bragging

Unread 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #784
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Did Kevin from our club hook you up? If you need any help, PM any of the HV4Ws (including me), we can assist.

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member: NOVA (Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
Andy-WhiteTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #785
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If I may ask (I plan on joining you guys (the HV4W's)) Who in the club has a D35 for sale? I want to buy it to use to mock up whatever rear axle I go with on my Jeep.
Unread 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #786
bsteeves86
2009 JK Wrangler 

I was just checking out the pics from 909, pretty cool. Are those legal trails? The only reason I ask is because I know someone who is actively involved in the community who knows a park ranger and apparently they are pretty pissed. He mentioned that they may start to have cops patrolling on ATV's to impound anyone who is wheeling in the wrong spots.
bsteeves86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #787
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer88yj View Post
Spoke with the female park ranger a few weeks ago and she said as long as were on the marked trails we are legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickeyell View Post
i spoke with the same park ranger on that day... i guess what had happened was people were driving off the trails through the only bog turtle habitat in the state and locals were complaining. as long as you don't go off the normal trails you'll be fine. all the trails your not suppose to go down are clearly marked with red no vehicle beyond this point signs.
While you guys were legit, there are most likely others that go about in areas that are not; such as mentioned above. Even though, I would suggest lightening up for a period of time to let things settle. Even if all the users were on the legal trails, if it gets used too much, they can shut it down completely due to overuse. It happens all the time. Look at Telico....

I'm not saying you can't go there. I'm just suggesting a small respite.

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Unread 03-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #788
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post
If I may ask (I plan on joining you guys (the HV4W's)) Who in the club has a D35 for sale? I want to buy it to use to mock up whatever rear axle I go with on my Jeep.
I think we all broke or swapped out any D35s in the club. It's either 8.8s, D44s, D60s, 14 Bolts, 9 Inch, or a Unimog 404

Unread 03-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #789
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I saw it on the club website, but I don't know when it was updated. If anyone has an 8.8 for sale (or knows any local scrap yards that have some exploders) please shoot me a PM. If not, then I plan on tearing apart a 1-ton pickup and doing a Clayton long arm kit.
Unread 03-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #790
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-WhiteTJ View Post
Did Kevin from our club hook you up? If you need any help, PM any of the HV4Ws (including me), we can assist.
Thanks Andy
Yes he did!. I am meeting Kevin tomorrow for the axle delivery. I found a almost new 4.10 ring and pinion with no wear marks for 40 dollars and a set of calipers and rotors for another 40
The only thing I will need is to do install the R & P .A job that I dont know how to do.
for the front I was thinking of keeping the D30 thats in the jeep with the locker and just switching it to SOA as the D30 I am getting dosent have gears.
The advantage to the donar D30 is its high pinion but not sure of the clearance difference

Another choice is to keep the front as is and change the 8.8 brackets to SUA.
I would like to have the added SOA clearance but dont want to screw up a good thing
I also dont want to have to install an SYE and be able to run the stock rear drive shaft. I have read it can be done with SOA

I have lots of time and choices

Unread 03-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #791
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbo-Slice View Post

How long can you wait for the 35?. Mine will be going as soon as i do the switch
It has 4.10s

Unread 03-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #792
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The only thing I will need is to do install the R & P .A job that I dont know how to do.
A job easier done on the bench before it's in the Jeep. Are you planning a locker at the same time. Would be easier now than later.

Quote:
I have lots of time and choices
Best words said... Use the time to your advantage and don't rush.

Unread 03-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #793
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks james, but I was going to use the 35 from a TJ just so I could measure the bracketry and set the pinion angles etc.. Then transfer the info onto a different axle (either 8.8 or 14 bolt). I appreciate the offer though buddy.
Unread 03-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #794
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How long can you wait for the 35?. Mine will be going as soon as i do the switch
It has 4.10s
I think he needs a TJ D35 for the bracket mock up.

Unread 03-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #795
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-WhiteTJ View Post
A job easier done on the bench before it's in the Jeep. Are you planning a locker at the same time. Would be easier now than later.

Best words said... Use the time to your advantage and don't rush.
Would you beleive it comes with a Aussie style locker???

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.