Hudson Valley - Page 517 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Hudson Valley

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #7741
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow! I thought the jamboree's were mild family type events, shafts and tires are expected but rollovers in anything but a trail rig really suck.

mikd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #7742
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikd View Post
Wow! I thought the jamboree's were mild family type events, shafts and tires are expected but rollovers in anything but a trail rig really suck.
Different jamborees have different personalities. Some (e.g. Catskills, Killington) have much more aggressive feel while others much milder. Even at more aggressive ones there will be some pretty moderate trails. Lots of good choices. Actually the only jamboree I witnessed a roll over at was last year's Coal Mountain at the new Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area. That's gonna be an awesome park once fully up and running. At Catskills last year I was almost a nose over roll. Back end started coming up in a bad way but was able to drive out of it enough to stop it.
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #7743
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Heres me being me

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #7744
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Looks about right...
mikd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #7745
bordeauxman
Yellow-Rubinator

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I also was at the Catskills Jeep Jamboree this past weekend. It was a fantastic time with great weather. We did 12 step then "Shoots & Ladders." There is a new hill climb at the begininng of 12 Step that caused quite a bit of carnage. We had one jeep FLOP on the hill, another broke part of the front axle (the ears at the end of the axle) and a third pulled a bead and went flat - all on that hill. More than not had to be winched over the final ledge of that hill.

By the way, for the first time, Catskills JJ has gone to 33" minimum, rear lockers & winch required and they have cut out some of the beginner trails.
2006 Rubicon, Detonator Yellow, 5.5" Clayton Long Arm lift, 35" Pitbull Rockers, F&R Lockers, D44s, Winch, Metal Cloak Fenders, SwayLock in the front, RCV front axle shafts & Ten Factory Chromoly Shafts in the rear, Armored up underneath, Safari Rack.

My Favorite Threads (work in progress!!!)...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/me...others-842196/
bordeauxman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #7746
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeauxman View Post
By the way, for the first time, Catskills JJ has gone to 33" minimum, rear lockers & winch required and they have cut out some of the beginner trails.
Killington started doing that last year also. IIRC they lost most of their beginner trails in Hurricane Irene.
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #7747
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Killington started doing that last year also. IIRC they lost most of their beginner trails in Hurricane Irene.
You are correct. It was only medium and hard this year. The weather was awesome and the trails were great.

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member: NOVA (Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
Andy-WhiteTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #7748
Andy-WhiteTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
Heres me being me
I don't think you have the proper approach angle on your Jeep for that rock.

Also, why is that trail guide holding onto that Fire Extinguisher? Was there a need?

Just another member of:Hudson Valley 4 Wheelers, Inc. (a 501(c)(7) Not-for-Profit Corporation)
Member: NOVA (Northeast Off-road Vehicle Alliance)
Andy-WhiteTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #7749
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-WhiteTJ View Post
I don't think you have the proper approach angle on your Jeep for that rock.

Also, why is that trail guide holding onto that Fire Extinguisher? Was there a need?
The tanks was full and the vent valve on top is either faulty or disconnected. Fuel was leaking out of the top of the tank and onto the tail pipe. It caused a bit of excitement for awhile

Unread 09-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #7750
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
The tanks was full and the vent valve on top is either faulty or disconnected. Fuel was leaking out of the top of the tank and onto the tail pipe. It caused a bit of excitement for awhile
Interesting. I was just reading this week the rules from a couple different racing organizations about venting, rollover valves, catch cans, locking dipsticks, etc. There is a safety aspect and an environmental aspect to it. To do it all right (gas, axles, transmission, TC, engine, power steering) is a lot of work and a decent amout of money. After being in a car that caught on fire in NORRA 1000 though I'm extra skittish about the risk. We had fuel spilling there on to the engine (mid-engine set up so right between driver and co-driver) after a fuel injector hose came loose. I don't think the heat alone of the exhaust lit it, but in our case the engine then started to miss and backfired and that did light it.
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #7751
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Interesting. I was just reading this week the rules from a couple different racing organizations about venting, rollover valves, catch cans, locking dipsticks, etc. There is a safety aspect and an environmental aspect to it. To do it all right (gas, axles, transmission, TC, engine, power steering) is a lot of work and a decent amout of money. After being in a car that caught on fire in NORRA 1000 though I'm extra skittish about the risk. We had fuel spilling there on to the engine (mid-engine set up so right between driver and co-driver) after a fuel injector hose came loose. I don't think the heat alone of the exhaust lit it, but in our case the engine then started to miss and backfired and that did light it.
Im working on it

Unread 09-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #7752
Dodgethis

Dodge is sold. Driving to CT to look at another so I can transfer plates and hopefully dodge the commercial plates
Dodgethis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #7753
TheDon427

Just put a deposit on a 2012 Overland with a hemi. Expect to see me around the Mahopac, Carmel and Danbury area or driving to and from White Plains for work.
TheDon427 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #7754
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The new look 33" KM2s. Stock height YJ.

Sent from my smartassphone using whatchamacallit
image-315921044.jpg

image-3542071115.jpg

Bear94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #7755
1BioJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear94 View Post
the new look 33" km2s. Stock height yj.

Sent from my smartassphone using whatchamacallit
dam !
1BioJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.