Hudson Valley - Page 501 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Hudson Valley

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #7501
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Damn! Very cool, I admit I am jealous. Have always wanted to ride out west.

mikd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #7502
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikd View Post
Damn! Very cool, I admit I am jealous. Have always wanted to ride out west.
NORRA 1000 is an amazing event. The vintage cars and the old time Baja racers that are there are awesome. A bit more relaxed mood than a lot of races. More about having fun. Unfortunately we had a fire that ended things early for me and put me in a burn center in LA for three weeks. Assuming healing keeps going well I plan to be back out there in Sep/Oct for one or two more races.
Unread 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #7503
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow! I think I remember reading about that on rzrforum, must have been one hell of a fire. Not much to a sxs, did you get sprayed with fuel? Guessing thats a "Rotaxed" rhino. The sxs's have become a very quick class as the power and suspension levels increase.
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #7504
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Doing ball joints in the YJ. My wife mentioned the steering feels loose. guess she was right.
After removing the upper and lower nuts this happened
[IMG][/IMG]
Lower and half up upper fell out, Im thinking these pre date 1991.

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #7505
papod

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
Yes but we already have plans to be there for coffee and cars. If you dont mind having us twice Im up for it.
RTI ramp and car crushing?
We can eat alot of dogs and burgers
let me know asap.thanks
I think iam out of the loop here at work. what is the coffee and car thing? nobody tells me anything.how about meeting for a while before mikd next Saturday outing when ever that is?
papod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #7506
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikd View Post
Wow! I think I remember reading about that on rzrforum, must have been one hell of a fire. Not much to a sxs, did you get sprayed with fuel? Guessing thats a "Rotaxed" rhino. The sxs's have become a very quick class as the power and suspension levels increase.
840 Rotax!!

Fire was definitely not fun. We'd made 364 miles out of 406 for Day 1. Had been a tough day. Blew out exhaust early on. Heat (105+ air temps) was causing all kinds of problems (fuel delivery, electrical charging, heat soak, etc.). Made two of our checkpoints by sub 5 minutes from the time deadline so were running way back. But we'd finished all the offroad stuff for the day and were on paved road with an hour and a half to get into Bay of LA. Just crusing at about 45 when engine started missing and then suddenly fire on the engine (which is between us with a simple cover over it). It turns out fuel hose came off an injector and then was lit from engine backfiring. We aren't sure why the hose came loose as it appeared clip was still intact and locked (since getting home has all new AN fittings with safety wire). The engine cover kept us (more me since the hose was pointing at the driver's seat where I was) from getting fuel directly on us but made a fire that as soon as we stopped filled up the car with flames in a pretty big way. I had gotten careless and hadn't put my gloves back on after last stop when we got on the paved road. Big mistake. Burned my hands pretty bad even in the short time it took to get window net down, harness released and out the window (actually with helmet still connected to the radio and the blower). Rest of safety gear did its job. Scorch marks from knee to kneck on my firesuit and helmet skirt. Could have been bad. My partner got an extinguisher on the fire and damage to car minimal. In fact by Day 4 he had it running again and drove solo to take the checkered flag in Cabo. Chase truck from another team got me into Bay of LA where treated at a one room government clinic. Took whole next day to get to somewhere I could get a flight out of Mexico so almost 48 hours till made to burn center in LA. Three weeks in an ICU burn center with a couple surgeries, including skin grafts on back of most of right hand. Not what I planned but I'll be back in the car again.
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #7507
jeepmischief
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have their stock ring and pinion out of a HP 30 , YJ 91 Dana 30 it is 3.07 ratio. Looking to get one CHEAP lol. Pm me please!!
jeepmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #7508
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by papod View Post
I think iam out of the loop here at work. what is the coffee and car thing? nobody tells me anything.how about meeting for a while before mikd next Saturday outing when ever that is?

This
Looks like we are doing it again this year!
4X4 meet and greet at Sonics in Newburgh
July 13 at 10am
Come out and show off all that work you put into your 4 x 4
Get and exchange ideas about that next mod youve been putting off.
Theres a chance we may be doing some wheeling afterwards.
(this is not a club event. Just a bunch of off roaders who want to hang out and have a good time)

And this . George at your place said he wanted to get some cars to crush
We are pleased to announce that on Sunday, June 23, Healey Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM will be hosting Coffee & Cars. This will be an enthusiast meeting of some of the nicest cars ( and Jeeps and Toyotas ) in the Hudson Valley. All makes and models are welcome, coffee and refreshments will be served! Bring your car for an awesome morning!

Unread 06-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #7509
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have 19 yes and 11 maybe for C & C and 15 yes and 14 maybe for sonics so far

Unread 06-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #7510
Zcrack
1993 YJ Wrangler 

image-553342191.jpg

Just picked up my new jk got a good deal on a brand new 2012!!
Zcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #7511
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Awesome Zack! When do you get some downtime to go out and play with it? Look forward to seeing you wheel it, long way from how the old yj drove I bet!
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #7512
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

So whats the plan for a mod list???
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #7513
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Woke up this morning to an empty spot in the car port. anyone see my Jeep? Its missing again!

Thanks again Mike! Great time as always. even though my radiator Blew up. I feel better now that I can blame my son.
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #7514
Zcrack
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikd
So whats the plan for a mod list???
3.5in lift, (got to hold off on ori struts till I actually have time again)

37" hummer double beadlocks ( I can get take offs with over 50% tread free!)

Probably build a front bumper again

Im thinking about not even running a spare because hummer tires are load range d and I can run them with no air and still be able to get home

And regear to 5.13 and truss and gusset front and rear

When I write it out like this I realize I have some work to do lol
Zcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #7515
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Before you buy a lift check out Kyles current setup. He is on 37's with more flex than any kit that comes here for a couple hundred bucks excluding tires! How do you like the ride and power of the new jk.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.