Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hudson Valley

441K views 8K replies 259 participants last post by  LenVino 
#1 ·
I'm live in Fishkill NY....Anyone else here from the area??????

2001 Yellow wrangler sport:cool:

#26 ·
Gardiner (Ulster County)

I'm in Gardiner. I have to update my picture on here. I just added a 4" Rough Country suspension lift, 33" x 12.50" TrXus Super Swampers on Pro Comp Series 51 Steel Wheels. I'm looking for some places to go off-road in the area.

Al

#27 ·
Check out this thread for a great event taking place next weekend, not too far from the Hudson Valley.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575561

Check up above (in the thread) for info on a great club right there in the Hudson Valley, with links to over 120 events taking place throughout New England this summer, including many on private property, only available to club members.

Talk soon,

#28 ·
Hey whats up?? Im in middletown.. any one go to airport park in Pa? Its under the 84 bridge in matamoras. Right along the deleware. Its a cool spot with sandy trails.

Plus cops dont care if you wheel there, they just dont like atv's.

There arent many places to wheel in the HV though..well.. legally i should say.

#29 ·
Hey whats up?? Im in middletown.. any one go to airport park in Pa? Its under the 84 bridge in matamoras. Right along the deleware. Its a cool spot with sandy trails.

Plus cops dont care if you wheel there, they just dont like atv's.

There arent many places to wheel in the HV though..well.. legally i should say.
I should have my CJ5 back together this weekend from doing a trans and transfer case swap, clutch, flywheel, drive shafts, rear main seal and installing a winch. I would love to check out the place that you are talking about. What side of the river do you enter from, the PA side or the NY side?

#33 ·
The Bear Mountain meet draws hundreds of cars every Wednesday night. It is from 6pm to 9pm. I should have my CJ done this weekend if everything else goes OK. I don't have much else to finish. Why don't we try for, maybe two weeks from now, on the 6th to give enough people time to make plans.

And about the pits is westtown, I grew up in westtown. I have heard that the cops chase people out of there.

#35 ·
The cops dont really care anymore. They used to just sit there on rt 1 and just wait for some one on an atv to go in so they could block the entrences off to catch them. But my girlfriends father does the police towing in westtown/greenville and knows a few cops on troop F in greenville. They said that they almost never caught any one there and that untill they start building there they are not going to bother any one riding or wheeling. I go there at least 2-3 times a week.. Im actually going there in five minutes. lol.

Where in particular is the meet held? By the lake, kind of?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.