Hudson Valley - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Hudson Valley

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #196
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejafe View Post
Bzzzt. I have been to two Jeep Jamborees in the Catskills in 04 and 05.
Yes. I forgot you have mentioned that. I really dont want to flat tow my jeep down to RC. Maybe if I get a trailer I can make the trip with you guys some time

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #197
thejafe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2 View Post
Yes. I forgot you have mentioned that. I really dont want to flat tow my jeep down to RC. Maybe if I get a trailer I can make the trip with you guys some time
If you make the trip down to RC every other month like we try and do it may be worth it to pick up a trailer.
thejafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #198
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2 View Post
Sorry but I dont agree.... had the best time.... People were awesome... trails were awesome ...and the price was well worth the weekend... Im thinking the people that put down JJUSA are the ones that have never been to one
Those are all personal subjective assessments, as was mine on it being too expensive. I did two JJUSA events back when I was barely in a club and was unaware of any real alternative form of organized off-roading. They were indeed a nice time, but in my opinion are better suited to newer Jeepers. These days I tend to be the guy running/organizing multi-club events rather buying my way into others.
Unread 12-02-2008, 04:42 PM   #199
ToxicTurtle

All the above are great events.
$600 for a weekend of wheeling at the Jeep Jamboree.
$70 for a weekend at Rausch.
$50 yearly dues to an organized club.
Ability to get out and wheel, public and private land, all season long, for "free" as part of that club... Priceless...

Sorry.. couldn't help myself

Talk soon,

www.EC4WDA.org/RegionD

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #200
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Don't forget $100 for Reading land. 22k acres, roll up with your buddies and go wheel whichever spot you want whenever you want.
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #201
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Where the heck is Reading land?

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #202
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Reading Anthracite Coal company sells permits to their land in PA, about 22,000 acres over several parcels between Pottsville, Trevorton, Raucsh and Paragon. Worth every penny!
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #203
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where exactly is RC and how far away is it from The Hudson Valley?
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #204
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Tremont PA. Probably about 3 - 3 1/2 hours from poughkeepsie. Take 84 to 81 and it's exit 107. Make a right and the first left and you're there.
Unread 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #205
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thats not too bad. Thank you.
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #206
kingcn
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Hello all,

I am in Gardiner, NY and now I have my jeep just about where I want it (read: can afford to put into it) and now I want to go on some trails. Only problem is they are apparently all secret. I have gone to some of the 4WD club websites but they seem to be all extreme rigs for extreme trails. Although my Jeep isn’t much, I do have some 4X4 experience with my most recent real 4WD trip being the Rubicon last summer with my brother. I’m not afraid to scrape it, bang it, wheel it so if anyone knows of some moderate trails and wants to go wheeling, get in touch.

Rear: Dana 35 4.10: Yukon Chrome-molly axles & Lock-Rite locker

C & C Fab Tube Fenders (giving these guys a plug because they treated me so well)

Home brew oil-pan/bell housing skid plate and gas tank skid plate.
kingcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #207
JeeperDon
Patience, Grasshopper

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcn View Post
I want...to go on some trails. Only problem is they are apparently all secret. I have gone to some of the 4WD club websites but they seem to be all extreme rigs for extreme trails.
The secret part is just being cautious. Trails can get hard to follow at times, so knowing where it is so as not to veer off onto private land can be a problem. Also, most riders are responsible, but some are not. Part of the irresponsible thing can be riders blazing new trails off to the side, or leaving crap on the trail, or generally being disrespectful of the land and the neighbors. Most towns and owners have a relatively short fuse for this sort of thing and trails can and do get closed quickly if abused.

So announcing publicly available exact locations of a trail head can lead to a few causing the loss of trail access for us all. It's best to join a local club, better yet would be one part of a larger organization. There you can learn locations, responsible riding, and get a ton of vehicle information and help. Hard core looking clubs go on easier trails too, as we don't want to beat our trucks to death either. My club has acquired many members who started with stock trucks, did the easier trails or used proper go-arounds on tougher trails, until they built their trucks up to higher levels of ability. The club members know which trails may be too difficult, and are also there to keep you safe should you wish to push your personal envelope.
Unread 12-30-2008, 10:11 AM   #208
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

anyone around rockland area? I see a bunch of westchester posts and if you guys want to do bear mountain at some point that'd be a pretty sick idea to meet up there

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #209
Unearthed
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexsaharatj View Post
anyone around rockland area? I see a bunch of westchester posts and if you guys want to do bear mountain at some point that'd be a pretty sick idea to meet up there
I don't live in Rockland but I am 5 min from Bear Mtn. Do you have any wheeling ideas or you just want to meet?
Unearthed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #210
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

wheeling bear mtn???? lololol. they dont even let you overnight there

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.