Help! Lots of problems with '02 Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Help! Lots of problems with '02 Liberty

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!

Unread 05-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
superbobx2

Help! Lots of problems with '02 Liberty

Just got our vehicle back from the dealership (which, btw, charged almost $200 just for the diagnostics- "2 hours" of labor). They said that the heads are cracked on the right side of the motor, the gaskets need replacin' on the L side, the radiator is leaking, and 2 ignition coils are messed up- something about the thermostat? They wanted $3,233 to fix these "high-acuity" problems. Also, there are broken vac lines from the gas tank and the high pressure power steering lines are also damaged- total cost for all repairs $4,346.68.

Now besides the fact that we don't have that kind of money lying around, and are also unfortunately not mechanically inclined either, does anybody have any suggestions of where to take this vehicle for a more reasonable cost? I was looking at what people had said earlier on the forums with heads that needed replacing, and it seemed like most people got it done for 500-700 only, and I think that was a large part of what the dealership said went into the cost. Would most mechanics be able to fix this and be able to obtain some remanufactured heads or something to that effect to cut down on the cost? Should I try to find the parts myself and find a shop to just do the labor? Should I just give up entirely and drive my Jeep off a [scenic] cliff?

superbobx2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.