Good alignment shop for a lifted Jeep in NY/LI? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Good alignment shop for a lifted Jeep in NY/LI?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
mystangt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Good alignment shop for a lifted Jeep in NY/LI?

I have just about had it with the local alignment shops.

I am sitting on 4" of lift with 33s (nothing extreme at all). I recently tinkered with the front end a bit (new tre's and ball-joints) and gave myself a DIY alignment to last me a few days. It was fine for a few days but I ended up going to a local alignment shop to make sure its spot-on to avoid eating tires any quicker than necessary since they are NOT cheap; I can get it damn near close but a laser can get it much closer than i can

I ended up going through 2 different places already, and each has re-checked the alignment and no matter how many times i go, i leave and its still not satisfactory. The re-check today at Metro On-Off-Road Tires ended up worse than their original. I am now with a crooked steering wheel and the Jeep pulling left.

Bottom line I give up and come back to the good ol' JF for help:
does anyone know of a reputable and knowledgable off-road/4X4 shop around Queens/Brooklyn/Long Island that can set the damn toe-in, have my Jeep drive straight AND make my wheel straight?

Drinks are on me if you point me in the right direction!

Unread 08-31-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You can make your wheel straight. Just adjust the draglink sleeve.

As far as good alignment, given that all the shop is likley setting is toe why do you think your DIY is off? Does your tape measure need to be calibrated? Lots and lots of people on JF (myself included) set toe themselves all the time with good results.
Unread 08-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
mystangt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've done the alignments myself time and time again, and you are right, i get damn near close but im a bit of a perfectionist and like to get it done as acurrately as possible.

I actually checked the alignment i got yest and it seems spot on with my calibrated tape measure (haha) but the Jeep pulls left, so i'd like to have someone look into for me and set it right ONCE and for all

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 09-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #4
tankinyj
2012 JK Wrangler 

planet automotive on rt 112 is a good place, a guy john works there. he is a member of outlawed offroad here on LI
he does alot of work on the groups rigs
tankinyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
mystangt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankinyj
planet automotive on rt 112 is a good place, a guy john works there. he is a member of outlawed offroad here on LI
he does alot of work on the groups rigs
Im on OO too, i just need to start actually signing in a lite more often.

A buddy of mine from Queens actually suggested John as well so it seems like he is THE person to go to.

Thanks bud!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 09-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
HANDKAES
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hi guys, did my alignment by myself with a 1/8 inch tow in. (32" + 2" OME) As long as your steering links are not too rusty and they can be turned no big deal... My concerns about tge alignmentdealers are that they are doing their jobs everyday but only on 'regular' cars. So save the money and do it yourself... On the quadratec page they have a very good manual for doing it...
HANDKAES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.