Anyone from New York? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Anyone from New York?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #91
tubbyzj
1990 XJ Cherokee 

brooklyn ny

tubbyzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #92
LIunlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hamptons here, always up for a ride.
LIunlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #93
Black98ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Manhattan (Near Harlem) Here, anyone know any good places around here? tri-state area?

98 Grand Cherokee ZJ
4.0 Stock (First Jeep)
Black98ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #94
dwdrums801
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im always down for some wheeling. Im in Bethpage. hell ill wheel every weekend if your goin. I just wont go alone anymore, winch cant always save you haha any one need som1 to go with PM me ill always say yes haha

I want to take a ride to rauche creek, I just never been there before so im looking for some one to tag along with
dwdrums801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #95
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Me and my friend are talking about going to either the Pine Barrons or Rauch Creek this Saturday. We're beginners so we're trying to hook up with some more experienced people.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #96
TMCXJ
1996 ZJ 

Clinton, N... oh wait, it's already there.

Hey BeefStew, do you know about Tassell Hill Wilderness Area? It's got a lot of variety, a little bit of it is pretty challenging depending on whether or not the beavers have flooded new areas.

And as for Tug Hill, count me in.

Another thing... in Otsego County, the state hiways are okay, county roads are rough, but the TOWN roads... wow. Mud slicks in the rain. Not many are paved farther than about 1/2 mile upon exiting the county or state hiways. Few are paved at all. It's a blast... Many are seasonal use only. Some are barely passable with my Jeep. Not exactly "off-road," but you can really get to some very out of the way places. Some of the trail systems in Otsego and Madison Counties are more than 130 miles long. And best of all, you're already almost there!

Anyhow, holler if you want. Snow has been flying lately and will be here to stay pretty soon, so keep that in mind.

- Tim
"...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason." Thomas Paine
TMCXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2007, 08:20 PM   #97
itasor
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckeryOffroad
Clinton, N... oh wait, it's already there.

Hey BeefStew, do you know about Tassell Hill Wilderness Area? It's got a lot of variety, a little bit of it is pretty challenging depending on whether or not the beavers have flooded new areas.

And as for Tug Hill, count me in.

Another thing... in Otsego County, the state hiways are okay, county roads are rough, but the TOWN roads... wow. Mud slicks in the rain. Not many are paved farther than about 1/2 mile upon exiting the county or state hiways. Few are paved at all. It's a blast... Many are seasonal use only. Some are barely passable with my Jeep. Not exactly "off-road," but you can really get to some very out of the way places. Some of the trail systems in Otsego and Madison Counties are more than 130 miles long. And best of all, you're already almost there!

Anyhow, holler if you want. Snow has been flying lately and will be here to stay pretty soon, so keep that in mind.

- Tim
I told Stew about Tassel Hill before, but we haven't checked it out. He's out in Elmira right now anyway I think.

Quote:
Some of the trail systems in Otsego and Madison Counties are more than 130 miles long. And best of all, you're already almost there!
Madison County? Oneida is in Madison County, tell me more about these trails.
itasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:42 AM   #98
Blaze2KiLL

hey Aprez....whats up....Im hooking up with one of the guys from the Rausch Creek forum this saturday....we're beginners also....interested? If so...PM me

Tony
Blaze2KiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #99
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasor

Madison County? Oneida is in Madison County, tell me more about these trails.

Would be interested as well

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:52 PM   #100
Blaze2KiLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprez27
Guys said it was totally legal, off of exit 71 I think... Would like to take a trip out if anyone's game.
hey aprez...did you ever find out exactly where this place is? I went to Rausch Creek for the first time this past weekend and now I'm hooked...too bad that place is a 3 hour drive from LI....need something closer...
Blaze2KiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:47 AM   #101
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze2KiLL
hey aprez...did you ever find out exactly where this place is? I went to Rausch Creek for the first time this past weekend and now I'm hooked...too bad that place is a 3 hour drive from LI....need something closer...

I've seen it on the maps via mapquest, just haven't made the trip out there due to legality questions... And from what I hear, it's pretty small.

Anyway, didn't make it out this weekend due to me being sick and my friend having work done on his house. But don't mind making the 3 hour trip at all to RC or the Pine Barrons. I drive further to snowboard!

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #102
richharr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Queens NY. woodhaven
richharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #103
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richharr
Queens NY. woodhaven
I grew up in Woodhaven, 77th off of Jamaca, and 91st by Forest Park. Went to all 3 local schools too.

Unread 11-25-2007, 07:31 PM   #104
jeepercreeper77
1990 YJ Wrangler 

hampton's,long island
90 wrangler,4.2l,1" MML,CRT HEI Dist.,34/34(interco) weber, hurst shftr,5spd,5" BDS lft,f-d30/r-8.8,5/8 lft booms,1" bl,tflex belly up,JB convs. SYE,gdyr mtr35s,hurc'ed,smit src frt bump,gen-r rear bump w/tire carrier,f&r tube fenders,psc knokrs,r gen-rgt ful conr gurds,duel bat.,BIC,m8000
jeepercreeper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #105
richharr
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprez27
I grew up in Woodhaven, 77th off of Jamaca, and 91st by Forest Park. Went to all 3 local schools too.

I went to lane is there a smiley that gets beat up alot?
richharr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.