Anyone from eastern long island? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Anyone from eastern long island?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 12-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #121
whosyadadie02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekXJ View Post

WOW thats cheap. How is his work though?

If you wouldnt mind passing along a contact i would really appreciate it.
I paid 800 bucks JUST for the front HP 30 by a local guy..........and now
my axle seals are leaking. Started leaking about 2k miles after i installed the rear into the truck.
His work is top notch. I didn't get my gears done by him yet but that's what he said to expect. Hes a friend of mine with a lift in his garage, he works on big trucks for con ed. He just did gears on a jk on 44s. If multiple ppl want them dive mayb hell do a discount idk. Ill do mine first to show the work quality

whosyadadie02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #122
andrewf09
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lj

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchbender View Post
Hey why can't we have a meet and Jeep somewhere on the Island ? I'm in Babylon we should be able to put something together with the people on this thread. Just pull up get out shoot the bull and check out some rides.
I think setting a time/place people will show up.

Count me in. I'm in Wantagh.
andrewf09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #123
DerekXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewf09 View Post
I think setting a time/place people will show up.

Count me in. I'm in Wantagh.
Wantagh huh? right around the block. With that type of proximity its almost guarenteed weve come across each other somewhere locally. Watch, we all meet up and half of us already know each other lol.
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #124
04tjoe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

When would be a good time and place? I will deff go.
04tjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #125
DerekXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Probably after the holidays. as to where im not sure. maybe somewhere in western suffolk? middle ground? im not sure.
Unread 12-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #126
04tjoe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

sounds good to me
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #127
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

If anyone saw us last night driving around on LI post up the photos please other wise enjoy

image-707824977.jpg

image-3710954372.jpg

image-184190541.jpg

image-788720308.jpg
Unread 12-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #128
whosyadadie02

cant say i saw that but i do wish i had
whosyadadie02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #129
goonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokusi View Post
Medford here.

Nice to see a forum of local people. Are there any local active clubs/meetups around? I know there isnt much, if any, wheeling on long island but still fun to work on the truck, talk about mods, and just build a fun/helpful jeep community on the island. I know for me half the fun is wheeling and the other (just as fun) half is the build. i am sure i am not the only one. Never a bad idea to get a group of extra hands when it comes time to do a mod.

Theres a few local forums / clubs in the area. Forum wise theres http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.dmQ More a forum than anything. But since its very local it can have a club feel. They do have a FB group as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/130868480301896/ . We have meet and greets when the weather is nice. My shop sets up flex comps maybe twice a year for the guys. http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/showt...PICYURE-THREAD Just good people. Another amazing actual club is http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55534169,d.dmQ Amazing group and very much more a club. But there mostly 5 burrows kinda guys.

Hope that helps.
goonies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #130
goonies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebyu12 View Post
is hot water street open again? I was just in there yesterday and the gates aren't locked. They swing open freely and I had to go about 15 minutes in before I saw a sign that said access by permit only.

Not sure how you can get a ticket now if there are no signs up front and the driveway is open.

Dont ask me how i know LOL. I learned the hard way that playing dumb about open gates and no signs doesnt do you any good. Any and all public, state, and federal land is now 100% illegal to operate a 4x4 vehicle on other than the beaches you get a permit for. Only hunters with proper hunting permits can access the main trails like Hot Water Street to hunt during the appropriate season. Whether gates are open or signs are posted. Even with the proper hunting permits you are not aloud to leave the 2 main trails in the Manorville pine barrens. The hunting access trails in Yaphank off of Floyd is now also 100% illegal. As well as the sand pit and trails near Bald Hill. The cops and rangers used to to just give you a warning and say to get out because they really only wanted the dirtbike and quad riders. Well now all 4x4 vehicles registered or now fall into the "hell no" category. Welcome to the land of NO.
goonies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #131
04tjoe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonies View Post
Dont ask me how i know LOL. I learned the hard way that playing dumb about open gates and no signs doesnt do you any good. Any and all public, state, and federal land is now 100% illegal to operate a 4x4 vehicle on other than the beaches you get a permit for. Only hunters with proper hunting permits can access the main trails like Hot Water Street to hunt during the appropriate season. Whether gates are open or signs are posted. Even with the proper hunting permits you are not aloud to leave the 2 main trails in the Manorville pine barrens. The hunting access trails in Yaphank off of Floyd is now also 100% illegal. As well as the sand pit and trails near Bald Hill. The cops and rangers used to to just give you a warning and say to get out because they really only wanted the dirtbike and quad riders. Well now all 4x4 vehicles registered or now fall into the "hell no" category. Welcome to the land of NO.
Well in the land of no I will continue to say hell yes to wheelin on LI. Consequences be damned. Sick of the culture of no!
Unread 12-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #132
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04tjoe View Post
Well in the land of no I will continue to say hell yes to wheelin on LI. Consequences be damned. Sick of the culture of no!
This type of attitude is why things keep getting worse. Land access is a huge issue but we have to work cooperatively to improve.
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #133
04tjoe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
This type of attitude is why things keep getting worse. Land access is a huge issue but we have to work cooperatively to improve.
I used to think the same way. Unfortunately local agencies and politicians dont give a rats ***. all they care about is money. there is so much BS red tape it is impossible to cooperate. bottom line wheelin is extinct on LI so I will take advantage of the known "spots" that are left before its gone for good.
Unread 01-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #134
04tjoe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

holidays are done lets do a meet and greet
Unread 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #135
andrewf09
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds good. Maybe a middle ground on Sunrise Hwy?
andrewf09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.