Anyone from eastern long island? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Anyone from eastern long island?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 03-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #76
jski701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hate to rain on the LI wheeling thing, but anything dealing with the pine barrens is illegal. It's a protected aquifer which filters and provides us with clean water blaa blaa blaa. Sucks but it is what it is and will probably come with a hefty fine if you get stopped.
On cr 51, the second entrance has just gotten a bright yellow steel gate to show us how welcome we are, but it might also have something to do with some bodies they found in there recently. The first entrance, closer to the Valero has been plowed closed by the farmers. Both of these entrances led to hot water street and are posted throughout and designated hunting areas. Basically, don't be surprised if you get ticketed.

jski701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #77
jski701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've heard some good stuff about the trails north of the LIE at exit 68, where Breslin was going to put the mall. Anyone try that out? I haven't been there, but I've spoken to a few people who ride atv's there
Unread 03-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #78
ThikAsThieves

Trails there are great but the cops sure aren't. I wouldn't recommend going there. I've already payed my ticket and I'm done with that spot.
ThikAsThieves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #79
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

The manorvile pine barrens used to be a great off roading place. Note: Used to be. last time me and some friends tried to go in, 2 Suffolk cops were by the entrance. when we went to talk to them, they told us how there are not allowing vehicles in the trails anymore and the parks department is closing the trail even though its NYS hunting land. they also put up some yellow construction poles in the ground to make a barrier.

Be aware; Suffolk Police Department is cracking down on all illegal off roading and off roading in general.

111 trail entrance in 1st picture.. yellow pipes indicate the construction of a barrier.
and yes park police are here ..
2 SUVS are behind me in the second picture

Sorry to be another bearer of bad news
426986_10150725806345081_635450080_11580092_1817719789_n.jpg   423300_10150725817445081_635450080_11580109_195900507_n.jpg  
USMCBehrensDVLD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #80
WBjoeXj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

sucks
WBjoeXj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #81
whosyadadie02

Dam I hate this ****... can't wait for the place upstate to open
whosyadadie02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #82
jski701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBehrensDVLD
The manorvile pine barrens used to be a great off roading place. Note: Used to be. last time me and some friends tried to go in, 2 Suffolk cops were by the entrance. when we went to talk to them, they told us how there are not allowing vehicles in the trails anymore and the parks department is closing the trail even though its NYS hunting land. they also put up some yellow construction poles in the ground to make a barrier.

Be aware; Suffolk Police Department is cracking down on all illegal off roading and off roading in general.

111 trail entrance in 1st picture.. yellow pipes indicate the construction of a barrier.
and yes park police are here ..
2 SUVS are behind me in the second picture

Sorry to be another bearer of bad news
Same thing as on county rd 51, but the gate is already up, probably wont be long on 111, if it hasn't already been done
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #83
WBjoeXj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

its funny.our tax dollers put it up and maintain the land we cant use it
WBjoeXj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #84
pitagnor2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepJourney1624
East Northport, Dieing to go off roading
Deer park.. Me too!
pitagnor2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #85
klambui56

I live in Shirley exit 68 where u guys were talkin about the trails there. The place is huge and fun, but there's nothing crazy difficult if ur lookin for challenges. But cops are cracking down there because too man people know about it now, if people stay out for awhile I'm sure they'll chill out. As for the gate thing their, there's about 5+ entrances do that's not a problem
klambui56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #86
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

The reason why The Long Island State Pine Barrens Reserve (or hot water street or the trails as people call them) have been closed off because Skeletal Remains of people are being found. On Feb. 17, police said a man walking his dog discovered skeletal remains in the Manorville area, which has been used as a dumping ground before. And March 21st another Skeleton of human remains was found. Until the investigation is over they will not open the park. So until then there is no admittance to The Manorville trails, whether it be Hot Water Street, Toppings Path or any other ones.

Lets hope they open sometime this year.
Unread 04-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #87
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ny-police-say/

Heres the first article that poped up on Google
Unread 05-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #88
switchbender
2009 JK Wrangler 

Babylon here i'm in .When and where?
switchbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #89
hagan61

East meadow!! **** sucks on this island!
hagan61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #90
jski701
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure the trails in Manorville are going to stay off limits permanently.
I did however notice that in Middle Island on 25, next to the closed up Kmart, that there were fresh tracks (looked like trucks not ATV)
Anyone know if this is a good spot to try?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.