Anyone from eastern long island? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Anyone from eastern long island?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #31
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklopic View Post
why cant there be any spots on long island lmfao
i find all my spots through google maps and earth. look around find something and check it.

USMCBehrensDVLD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #32
kkchevy3
1991 YJ Wrangler 

we dont discuss spots on a public forum guys. you should know this by now
kkchevy3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #33
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Hot Water Street in Manorvile is not illegal, just obey the posted signs and stay on the designated trail. it is a legitimate road but also a good 4x4 trail. Just don't go alone if/when you get stuck, you'll need to walk until you find cell reception.
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #34
soundeng
2000 WJ 

Kings Park here...
Too bad they dont turn the KP Syc center into one.....
soundeng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #35
theblackjack69
1998 ZJ 

I looked at hot water street on Google Maps, but it looks like it is all pavement. Is there another section to it that is dirt? I am looking for anywhere to go at this point..
theblackjack69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #36
chevyboy67
2009 JK Wrangler 

if you take that road all the way to another street thats in the woods its called topians path it will lead out out sooner or later to suburbia and exit 72 on the lie... i spent 6 hrs trailing around in there its a good time just go and do it
chevyboy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #37
whosyadadie02

Just be careful and don't go alone. Some of the puddles are deeper then they look.I sank my wj when it was a little smaller on a 2" bb and 31's u pool to the head lights. The one I'm speking of is usually about 3-4' deep at any given time. I watched a Tahoe lifted 5" and on 37's not make it thru right after me. After that I lost interest in deep water wheeling and go to a better spot out east
whosyadadie02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #38
NYTUGS

Wading river here!
NYTUGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #39
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackjack69 View Post
I looked at hot water street on Google Maps, but it looks like it is all pavement. Is there another section to it that is dirt? I am looking for anywhere to go at this point..
its really not a paved road except the first 200ft the rest of the trail is dirt and there are little trails off it that some you are allowed to drive down.
Unread 01-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #40
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy67 View Post
if you take that road all the way to another street thats in the woods its called topians path it will lead out out sooner or later to suburbia and exit 72 on the lie... i spent 6 hrs trailing around in there its a good time just go and do it
i agree just check it out its a good trail with a couple different trails including toppians off hot water street and ends by exit 72LIE
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #41
ThikAsThieves

From my experience with Suffolk county park police last night toppings path and hot water road are still illegal trails. The only way to be back there legally is with a hunting permit before dusk in hunting season. I also would suggest staying away from the Meadows in Yaphank. Cops at every entrance last night and someone on a dirtbike got run over by a jeep the both of them were running from the cops. (heard it over the cops radio while he was writing my ticket) Park police are stepping up patrols especially at the meadows so be weary.
ThikAsThieves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #42
04tjoe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Middle Island!
04tjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #43
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThikAsThieves View Post
From my experience with Suffolk county park police last night toppings path and hot water road are still illegal trails. The only way to be back there legally is with a hunting permit before dusk in hunting season. I also would suggest staying away from the Meadows in Yaphank. Cops at every entrance last night and someone on a dirtbike got run over by a jeep the both of them were running from the cops. (heard it over the cops radio while he was writing my ticket) Park police are stepping up patrols especially at the meadows so be weary.
i never bothered with meadows but I've gone down Hot water Street when there's a Suffolk county cop at the entrance with no hunting permits and he didn't even care with three trucks going in. and toppings last time i went there was a park police guy there and he didn't care either....nice guy though.
Unread 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #44
ThikAsThieves

They didn't seem to mind that we had just come from toppings path but didn't like the fact we were going into the meadows. They're starting to develop the area and are dedicated to getting us out. I'm done with the meadows after my 250$ ticket. The cop said they are going to have cars at the entrances 24/7 and considering they had 3 cars there in about 2 minutes I believe them. Just trying to save people on here some money and grief.
ThikAsThieves is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #45
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThikAsThieves View Post
They didn't seem to mind that we had just come from toppings path but didn't like the fact we were going into the meadows. They're starting to develop the area and are dedicated to getting us out. I'm done with the meadows after my 250$ ticket. The cop said they are going to have cars at the entrances 24/7 and considering they had 3 cars there in about 2 minutes I believe them. Just trying to save people on here some money and grief.
your not alone ive had plenty of buddys who have gotten tickets for being there, i suggest taking the trip in spring or summer to Rausch Creek just went there 2 weeks ago, its nice, good trails and soon there opening a NY off road park in Orange County called Roc Trails

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.