Anyone from eastern long island? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Anyone from eastern long island?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #136
twitch54

Funniest thing thought y'all would like this ........

So I decide to take the jeep out over by how sand pit in Medford and u know the usual wheeling ..... So after we finish up to head out I get hit with a flash light so first thing that comes to mind dam I'm ****ed, so yeah it's the cops two in a squad car stuck in soft sand sunk in to their chassis lmao..... So he says I should b giving u a lot of tickets right now but if u can get me out ill let u go gave it a try but not to much lol so end of story I got to leave he stayed waitin for tow truck stuck in towards the woods.......... Luvin it will never forget that wheeling experience

twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #137
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54
Funniest thing thought y'all would like this ........

So I decide to take the jeep out over by how sand pit in Medford and u know the usual wheeling ..... So after we finish up to head out I get hit with a flash light so first thing that comes to mind dam I'm ****ed, so yeah it's the cops two in a squad car stuck in soft sand sunk in to their chassis lmao..... So he says I should b giving u a lot of tickets right now but if u can get me out ill let u go gave it a try but not to much lol so end of story I got to leave he stayed waitin for tow truck stuck in towards the woods.......... Luvin it will never forget that wheeling experience
Hahaha that's great, he say how he knew you were even there or just checked?
USMCBehrensDVLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #138
whosyadadie02

so u couldnt get him unstuck and he still let you go ? last time i was there i pulled in and saw what looked like a car with a light bar hiding behind some trees so i immediately left and havnt gone back since
whosyadadie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #139
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hey just in the beginning of planning a little meet on jan 25th at the Happauge hurricane wings on the westbound service road of the LIE at exit 55.

I was taking with a few members of Wrangler Forum and just getting the winter itch to see some rigs
SurferJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #140
USMCBehrensDVLD
2004 WJ 

that sounds like a good idea, im in
USMCBehrensDVLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #141
DerekXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a friday boys. What time were you planning on meeting? saturday the 26th would be better for me, but what is hurricane wings?
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #142
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBehrensDVLD
that sounds like a good idea, im in
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekXJ
Thats a friday boys. What time were you planning on meeting? saturday the 26th would be better for me, but what is hurricane wings?
I was thinking around 8-9pm, hurricane wings is a wing bar like Buffalo Wild Wings. They have a small parking garage located right on the service road of the LIE. Easy to get to and have coverage in case of bad weather. We can go inside and grab a pint if its cold.

Days are tough for me. But I going to be talking to smiths point officials to see if they need volunteers. I might try and set up a volunteer meet at smiths when it gets a little warmer. That would be a weekend day thing. Idk if any of you drive on smiths but its messed up pretty bad. Not sure if there's anything we can do but if it helps open sooner I'm in
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #143
DerekXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferJ View Post
Cool

I was thinking around 8-9pm, hurricane wings is a wing bar like Buffalo Wild Wings. They have a small parking garage located right on the service road of the LIE. Easy to get to and have coverage in case of bad weather. We can go inside and grab a pint if its cold.

Days are tough for me. But I going to be talking to smiths point officials to see if they need volunteers. I might try and set up a volunteer meet at smiths when it gets a little warmer. That would be a weekend day thing. Idk if any of you drive on smiths but its messed up pretty bad. Not sure if there's anything we can do but if it helps open sooner I'm in
i get home from the city about 7, so 9 could work!
im MORE than down for a volunteer effort. Im a nassau guy, so i dont really ride smiths point ever, but id be willing to come out to help. Robert moses demo point, and the sore thumb, where i go pretty much constantly......ALSO got messed up really bad. im a member of LIBBA ( long island beach buggy association ), and i know their efforts are usually well accepted all over on all of the beaches. I will bring this little jeep group to their attention as wanting to help and take part........they do alot of cleanups and erosion control stuff as well
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #144
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekXJ

i get home from the city about 7, so 9 could work!
im MORE than down for a volunteer effort. Im a nassau guy, so i dont really ride smiths point ever, but id be willing to come out to help. Robert moses demo point, and the sore thumb, where i go pretty much constantly......ALSO got messed up really bad. im a member of LIBBA ( long island beach buggy association ), and i know their efforts are usually well accepted all over on all of the beaches. I will bring this little jeep group to their attention as wanting to help and take part........they do alot of cleanups and erosion control stuff as well
That's awesome. Thanks for that. I surf long beach on a regular basis so after I got the damage at my house under control I went down to LB with my friend who lives there. Brought donations and volunteered doing demo on his house and his elderly neighbors.
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #145
switchbender
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm in for volunteer help . Wish I could make the 25th , going to dinner in west with the wife . I helped out in Babylon through the american legion post. Smith points not looking to good for 2013. The sore thumb is still good ,don't know about Demo they wont let us over there.
switchbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #146
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchbender
I'm in for volunteer help . Wish I could make the 25th , going to dinner in west with the wife . I helped out in Babylon through the american legion post. Smith points not looking to good for 2013. The sore thumb is still good ,don't know about Demo they wont let us over there.
Sucks about smiths pt. good to hear about the thumb. How about gilgo? I haven't been out to demo in a long time

I come home this Wednesday (getting off my tug boat for a few weeks). I will make a point to hit up smiths the following Monday or Tuesday
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #147
uncleirish2002

Hey guys. Let me know about the Smiths point help.. I would Love to help out. I can get a couple of my friends too. We gotta a little group as well. Also I might be in on the 25th. I have to work but let me know if its definitely on and when I get off work I will head over.
uncleirish2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #148
uncleirish2002

Also. Where is the sore thumb? Which pass do you need? The State one?
Unread 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #149
SurferJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleirish2002
Hey guys. Let me know about the Smiths point help.. I would Love to help out. I can get a couple of my friends too. We gotta a little group as well. Also I might be in on the 25th. I have to work but let me know if its definitely on and when I get off work I will head over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleirish2002
Also. Where is the sore thumb? Which pass do you need? The State one?
Ok sounds good, 25th is definitely a go. I have the word out in a few different places and it seems people are in.

Sore thumb is just west of fire Island inlet, across the inlet from Demo. That's the state pass yes
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #150
uncleirish2002

Thank you. Looking forward to it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.