Any trails worth wheeling in NY state? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New York Jeep Forum > Any trails worth wheeling in NY state?

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
EastCarolinaWJ
2000 WJ 

Any trails worth wheeling in NY state?

Curiousity is getting to me and I need some information. I'm possibly moving up to NY here within the next year or 2 and i'm wondering if there are any trails worth wheeling in the north if there is any at all? Cause if there arent any, I may need to reconsider this move...

EastCarolinaWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
KingtheZJ
1998 ZJ 

where in NY? there wont be the abundance of trails i assume you have until you get up towards the adirondacks. i know if 2 active clubs in Rochester and Syracuse. unfortunately the place of choice is Rausch Creek in PA, which is a 4.5 hr drive from Rochester.

there is a NY specific secation, as well as a NE US section
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f353/
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
EastCarolinaWJ
2000 WJ 

I'd actually be living in either East Chester, West Chester or Brooklyn...
Unread 05-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
KingtheZJ
1998 ZJ 

there seem to be quite a few people from NYC on the NY section. they will be able to answer that better
Unread 05-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Stick to the Chesters and stay out of the 5 bouroughs if you help it.

As far as legal trails, unless you own land, there isn't very much.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 04:14 AM   #6
monkers
2010 JK Wrangler 

I live in Upstate NY, the Catskills Mountains, very FEW legal places to go, unless someone is keeping them secret. Ironically, I plan to move south (Nc or Sc) within the next two years, tired of the long winters and the high taxes and all the religous groups being tax exempt and coming to my area in the summer and just being a general problem, you gotta have eyes in the back of your head if you take the bike out, they dont drive very well.....Have you visited your destination yet? Good Luck with your edeavor....
monkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #7
EastCarolinaWJ
2000 WJ 

I'm seriously considering not moving now considering the south has two of the most fun trails i've ever been too. If you do move to NC or SC, definitely hit up Uwharrie.
Unread 05-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
Sentaruu
1987 YJ Wrangler 

there really isnt too much in lower NY as far as trails go. however you are close to PA, NJ and CT who have some trails
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
thomas7
2003 WJ 

Mettowee

About an hour north of Albany
thomas7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #10
straty1987

unless you need to move to NY living in NJ works for most people since sit cheaper, you can get mroe land for lees and can be in ny in under and hour depending were you r are

i live in Brooklyn and most people of out of state hate the alternate parking and not having a garage or parking spot. can go in circle for some time if you get home during a busy time of the day looking for a spot. but it all depends on were you find a house or apt. some area are better them others.

if you want to wheel nj or PA is a better place for you if you want to go north, but even then it can be a 2 or 3 hour drive. for me to go to Rausch Creek in PA form Brooklyn its between 2.5 to 3 hr drive.

if you can stay in ny for a few days to a week to get a fell of it before you move over is a good thing.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Move to Binghamton it's only the 5th most depressing city lolz we could always use more jeep people here most are just street queens
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.